What's new

Policy Deletes?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Why would these domains in tomorrows drop be up for policy deletes?

OffshoreBanking.com.au
EspressoMaker.com.au
EspressoMakers.com.au
OffshoreIncorporation.com.au

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Hi Chris,

These aren't auDA policy deletes.

The whois status indicates that these domains have been deleted at the request of the current registrant, not auDA.

Compare the status for espressomakers.com.au - "pendingDelete (Client requested delete)" with realestat.com.au - "pendingDelete (Client requested policy delete)"

Cheers

Andrew

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Thanks for the clarification. It leaves me with two questions though:

So we are allowed to buy them, right?

And why on earth would someone ask for their names like that to be deleted?

DavidL

Top Contributor
And why on earth would someone ask for their names like that to be deleted?

I doubt this is the case in this instance but I have heard of people agreeing to sell a domain, checking the transfer fees (remember MIT still charge $339) and deciding to avoid these by deleting the domain for the other party to go and hand-reg.

These days with Drop and Snapper, they will be in for an unwelcome surprise if they do that!

marketingweb

Top Contributor
These aren't auDA policy deletes.

The whois status indicates that these domains have been deleted at the request of the current registrant, not auDA.

Compare the status for espressomakers.com.au - "pendingDelete (Client requested delete)" with realestat.com.au - "pendingDelete (Client requested policy delete)"

Just thought it worthwhile pointing out something that Andrew obviously knows well but others may not - as it confused me until very recently.

If it says "Client requested policy delete", you can pretty much guarantee it isn't the client (ie current registrant) who has requested it!

One thing I would be curious about is if anyone knows why this terminology of client requested is used when it's very misleading?

Matt

Mick

Top Contributor
One thing I would be curious about is if anyone knows why this terminology of client requested is used when it's very misleading?

"Client", I'm assuming means the registrar, as its the client of the registry, I guess a "Server requested policy delete" is also able to be applied should the registrar not act on the request to have the domain deleted.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo