What's new

photoshop techinques, watermarks

findtim

Top Contributor
May I ask how you would be doing this without it infringing copyright?

well you are correct........ ISH :eek:

but i seem to remember that if an image is changed by more then 25% or only 25% used then copyright no longer existed

someone please correct me.

thus if you get an image and then alter the colours, crop, filter, skew, montage, etc then copyright no longer applies.

if you use the image in whole then thats a no no

i have a good photographer friend who is a " master photographer " with getty images and istockphoto so i'll pop him an email now and ask for the answer as he will now the answer

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
ok, so i have sent an email to ask the question, he will know the answer
hi

don't spend time on this reply, but "is any portion of an image still copyright" ?

i thought if you used 25% , eg: the corner of an image of a wheat field could be used ?

i'm NOT talking royalty free, i'm talking copyright to something found on google images as an example.

so you may have an image 3000px sq of a church and all you want is a website sized snippet of the left top brick work for my blog article, am i breaking the law OR in which country i am breaking the law?

thanks for your time.
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
So it's kinda a bitter sweet thing.

WOW, talk about getting kicked in the head a few million times.

i was just thinking the other day how hard it would be to create a new set of sound cords ( and i know nothing about music)

i took a portrait once for a uni assignment, showed it to my boss at the time ( photographer )for a critique , i left his employ and later found out he had contacted the person and gone and shot the SAMEEEEEE photo i did and won a gold award in the AIPP, which is the aus institute of pro photographers.

hold mine and his up together and its almost the same.

but lets just say the universe and not me sorted that out for me.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members