What's new

Phone Numbers on Website

chris

Top Contributor
I was wondering what people are mostly using when displaying phone numbers on their sites.

Are you using tel:123123, callto:123123 (Skype) or just displaying the number and letting the mobile browser make it clickable?

I've been using tel:123123 but I've seen callto: on a few sites.

There isn't a heap of info out there, but I did come across these for anyone else interested:

http://mobile.tutsplus.com/tutorials/mobile-web-apps/phone-number-links/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1164004/how-to-mark-up-phone-numbers

Cheers,
Chris

James

Top Contributor
I am not tracking call volumes at the moment as they are lower maybe 1 day to the 1300, I just list my 1300 number at the top section site wide.

findtim

Top Contributor
that is what i use depending on client, i haven't got it correct yet and this is a good subject chris.

i've tried a few things and some work for tel: works for mobile but how do you get rid of the error on laptop? thus your question about skype but i would say MOST people do not have paid skype call accounts, as in skype to landline.

there are many variables so i gave up for now.

-------

what i do mostly is just put the phone number in the top right corner in the header and it seems to be working for LOCAL businesses, remember if you are a dubbodentist EVERYONE in town know the phone number starts with 6882 or maybe only 1-2 others, so really the visitor only needs to grab the website on their mobile and remember the last 4 digitals, close the browser and dial.

of course its more complicated in syd,melb,bris etc

tim

Honan

Top Contributor
displaying the number and letting the mobile browser make it clickable, sounds best

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member