What's new

Payz.com.au

avalonesa

nice brandable, what do you think its worth?

what would you develop on it?

Sounds like its suitable for a Paypal-esque site.

avalonesa

Yes true but companies like using the z for branding purposes.

www.bidz.com
www.buyz.com
www.payza.com

as examples.

I'm trying to figure out if Snoopy is the resident forum pessimist or the forum realist. I guess I'll have to spend more time in this forum to find out hehe.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Yes true but companies like using the z for branding purposes.

www.bidz.com
www.buyz.com
www.payza.com

as examples.

I'm trying to figure out if Snoopy is the resident forum pessimist or the forum realist. I guess I'll have to spend more time in this forum to find out hehe.

When was the last time you saw someone buy a .com.au with "y" instead of an "s" at a premium over reg fee?

It is the kind of name someone might register if they are stuck.

avalonesa

When was the last time you saw someone buy a .com.au with "y" instead of an "s" at a premium over reg fee?

It is the kind of name someone might register if they are stuck.
I don't like to assume things but can I ask, were you around when all the premium .com's were available to register?

If I was old enough back in 1995 era I would have registered every single C.com, CC.com and CCC.com I could. Unfortunately I was only 3 years old at the time.

I understand having a negative view and skepticism regarding the value of some domain names is healthy, but when it prevents you from pulling the trigger on a sale, I don't think it is healthy. Were you like this back in the 90's when all these premium LLL.com's were available?

Sometimes I think it pays to just take the risk. As long as your wins outnumber your losses you are doing fine in this industry.

And I do think owning any dictionary name, anything related to Finance and anything related to product names (as long as they aren't trademarked) are good buys in my humble opinion. Also any CCC.com and shorter is worth it.

Its a big world out there, and there are only so many names to share around. Internet usage is growing exponentially worldwide. Companies and small businesses are realising that they have to be online, and also the importance of brand names.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I don't like to assume things but can I ask, were you around when all the premium .com's were available to register?

If I was old enough back in 1995 era I would have registered every single C.com, CC.com and CCC.com I could. Unfortunately I was only 3 years old at the time.

I understand having a negative view and skepticism of the value of some domain names is healthy, but were you like this back in the 90's when all these premium .com's were available?

Sometimes I think it pays to just take the risk. As long as your wins outnumber your losses you are doing fine in this industry.

You would fall over if you knew snoopy's track record, yes he was around earlier than many others, I think safe to say he may conceed he was even just a little late but has made up for it

snoopy

Top Contributor

I don't think I had even heard of the internet back then.

And I would have guessed the right lottery numbers.....

I think you are dreaming. Hardly anyone knew about domains then aside from a small group of people and there was no money in it. If you were old enough you'd have missed it like me and the other 5 billion people.

Even the people who did know about it I don't think there is many instances of them doing well with domains.

avalonesa

I don't think I had even heard of the internet back then.

And I would have guessed the right lottery numbers.....

I think you are dreaming. Hardly anyone knew about domains then aside from a small group of people and there was no money in it. If you were old enough you'd have missed it like me and the other 5 billion people.

Even the people who did know about it I don't think there is many instances of them doing well with domains.

An example, recently bitcoins were created. I bought 5000 of them when they were just 10 cents each.

Recently I sold half of them for almost $200 each. I have locked in $500k profit in just 2 short years because I saw a new innovative thing and jumped on the opportunity immediately. They have since crashed to $80.

Opportunity abounds, you just have to keep on top of the news, take the risks, and predict the future. I can assure you that had I been my age back in 1996 I would have jumped on the domain bandwagon immediately. There are still lots of doors opening online and I look forward to waking up and scanning the news everyday. because there is ALWAYS opportunity wherever and whenever you look.

snoopy

Top Contributor
An example, recently bitcoins were created. I bought 5000 of them when they were just 10 cents each.

Recently I sold half of them for almost $200. They have since crashed to $80.

Opportunity abounds, you just have to keep on top of the news, take the risks, and predict the future.

Let me guess, you reinvested the half a million into domains?

It is always the people with under 10 posts who come out with this dribble.

avalonesa

Let me guess, you reinvested the half a million into domains?

It is always the people with under 10 posts who come out with this dribble.
No but I still see lots of opportunities in the aftermarket of .com's going for bargains. I plan to just buy and hold a large portfolio of .com's

I definitely want to diversify and I have only allocated $30,000 to be spent on good .com names that I can pickup in the after market for cheap. I believe domain names are some of the best commodities you can own, much like land and property in the offline world.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo