What's new

Parking v's developing

pierso

Last year I bought a few domains for use in a new daily deals business that I was setting up.
More and more big money competition rapidly entered the au daily deal industry I decided to pull the plug on the venture prior to launching (pockets not deep enough).
Luckily I rec'd offers and sold a couple of domains that I had bought for a great return.

Was the above just a lucky one off result (right time right place with an exploding online industry) or with learned skill can it be repeated multiple times?

Is there still money to be made by registering .au domains with the intention to monetize through parking/advertising and with the potential (but not the initial intention) of selling should a worthwhile offer be presented or is fully developing out a site and building its revenue the only way to make money?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Is there still money to be made by registering .au domains with the intention to monetize through parking/advertising and with the potential (but not the initial intention) of selling should a worthwhile offer be presented or is fully developing out a site and building its revenue the only way to make money?
I don't think there is a full time living in hand registering domains and parking them and waiting for the odd sale, but you can definitely make money doing it.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo