What's new

Parking domains, up-to date advice.

vr101

Hi Guys,

I hope your weekend is going well !

I have a few quick newbie questions for you DNT gurus.

It seems that monetising domains seems to be a way to say that the domain name is in "use", maybe ive been out of the loop, but I thought monetising domains was not looked upon well. Am i getting the picture here?

So, the first question is:
Should I be monetising the domain names?

If so, then question 2:
What domain packing services are around that are good for the AU market?

and the last follow on question:
If I was looking at selling the domain names, what available options are there for domain parking that includes domain sales?

Thanks

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
The second article in my previous reply covers .au parking (including auDA policy on monetisation):
https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/do-com-au-domain-need-to-be-used.8812/#post-75586

I use my own platform, but I have heard good things about Fabulous parking from a number of other .au domainers.

The Domain Monetisation Policy is what actually allows domainers to hold .au domain licenses. For most .au domainers, parking isn't really optional, it's necessary in order to be eligible to hold the .au domain license. The first article in my previous reply linked above covers auDA policies in more detail.

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
So, the first question is:
Should I be monetising the domain names?
Yes if you have registered for the purpose of monetisation.http://www.auda.org.au/policies/2012-04/ - Schedule C, Section 3
If so, then question 2:
What domain packing services are around that are good for the AU market?
Open an account at Above.com, then use it to rotate through parking services to optimise revenue if any. Recommended parking services - Bodis.com, Fabulous.com, RookMedia.net, Sedo.com, Voodoo.com.

and the last follow on question:
If I was looking at selling the domain names, what available options are there for domain parking that includes domain sales?
All of those parking services will allow you to place a "For sale" message on the parking page (Sedo will charge you a commission though. They do provide an Escrow service)

vr101

You guys rock .. thanks for the tips .. I will have a look at all of the stuff you both recommended.

findtim

Top Contributor
They do provide an Escrow service
make sure you protect yourself, escrow services is a good way to go, i've never used them because i've only purchased of trusted members here, and i have sold in good faith and it worked nicely BUT i never handed over password till the cash was in my bank so THUS they had to trust me.

in selling, use your reputation, i say simple things like " check out who i am on dnt, " , " i haven't changed my mobile phone number in 15 years " , " do a whois about these domains i run have as my own, functioning websites, give them other clients details and say RING them , give them a list " etcccc, build trust and you'll get trust IMO........... but get the money first before letting go of a domain.
tim

PS: i have a certain set of clients who i have warned someone may ring them as i have asked them to be my referee for me, in all this time nobody has ever phoned them !

vr101

make sure you protect yourself, escrow services is a good way to go, i've never used them because i've only purchased of trusted members here, and i have sold in good faith and it worked nicely BUT i never handed over password till the cash was in my bank so THUS they had to trust me.

in selling, use your reputation, i say simple things like " check out who i am on dnt, " , " i haven't changed my mobile phone number in 15 years " , " do a whois about these domains i run have as my own, functioning websites, give them other clients details and say RING them , give them a list " etcccc, build trust and you'll get trust IMO........... but get the money first before letting go of a domain.
tim

PS: i have a certain set of clients who i have warned someone may ring them as i have asked them to be my referee for me, in all this time nobody has ever phoned them !

Hopefully I can get a good reputation as a domain trader on DNT once I sell a few domains here perhaps.
Thanks for your tips btw. Perhaps it's time to update my Linkedin Profile or something.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo