What's new

parked.co.nz

Paul

Hey,

Picked this one up last week.

Am looking at creating a domain parking service for NZ.

What do you think its worth?

Cheers,
Paul

Lucas

Top Contributor
Saw that drop the other day - almost had a bid but...

I reckon its worth what you paid for it, maybe a bit more to the right person, maybe low $xxx.

Personally I think a parked domain service would be a hard gig. You need a good infrastructure, solid DNS servers etc etc.. Given that you can park NZ domains on many of the big international parking services you would need to offer a pretty good deal to get people on board I reckon. Not saying don't do it, just saying it might not be as easy as you think (I don't know what experience you have though).

Also Google seems to be waging war against parked domains so wont get any love from them which doesn't help.

Paul

Saw that drop the other day - almost had a bid but...

I reckon its worth what you paid for it, maybe a bit more to the right person, maybe low $xxx.

Personally I think a parked domain service would be a hard gig. You need a good infrastructure, solid DNS servers etc etc.. Given that you can park NZ domains on many of the big international parking services you would need to offer a pretty good deal to get people on board I reckon. Not saying don't do it, just saying it might not be as easy as you think (I don't know what experience you have though).

Also Google seems to be waging war against parked domains so wont get any love from them which doesn't help.

Cheers for the reply. I agree I wouldn't be expecting too much for a domain flip. Haven't put too much thought in to yet but potentially looking to base it around affiliate signups (not ads). I think this would be alot easier than setting up a full blown parking service like bodis, Adsense etc.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Please give some context on your appraisal. Are you basing this on the name itself or being a NZ domain name?

The term is weak for the extension, and I don't think there is a market for the proposed usage.

Haven't put too much thought in to yet but potentially looking to base it around affiliate signups (not ads). I think this would be alot easier than setting up a full blown parking service like bodis, Adsense etc.

Personally would be doing the thinking before buying.

Paul

Personally would be doing the thinking before buying.

I think you would find most domainers that buy from drop sites don't have a full website strategy in the 24 hour bidding period. Personally if you think you can monetise from it and your not going to just sit on it you should bid!

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think you would find most domainers that buy from drop sites don't have a full website strategy in the 24 hour bidding period. Personally if you think you can monetise from it and your not going to just sit on it you should bid!

Paul, you don't seem to have a clue what you'll do with it, vague talk about affiliate sites because something like Adsense would be too hard to build. C'mon, let's get serious.

This is a name with no real market and development will go nowhere in my view.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Paul, you don't seem to have a clue what you'll do with it, vague talk about affiliate sites because something like Adsense would be too hard to build. C'mon, let's get serious..

Snoopy, one doesn't have to have a concrete business plan behind every domain registered or bought to make it worthwhile.

For example, what was your plan when you registered lostsuper.com.au?

Paul, how much did you pay?

Paul

$52 I think it was well worth it!

I like feedback both positive and negative gives me more thoughts and determination :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
David, What do you think the phrase "Clarification of Close and Substantial Connection Rule" means?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Sigh...

In March 2006 auDA reviewed whether domain monetisation should be included within the meaning of the "close and substantial connection" rule.

auDA published Clarification of Close and Substantial Connection Rule - Domain Monetisation (2006-03) on 20 July 2006.

It is my understanding that prior to this 'clarification', auDA routinely deleted traditionally parked domains. I guess you got lucky!

However, it does suggest that far from your registrations being a thoughtful carefully considered purchase like you routinely advise others to do, it was rather a risky gamble that happened to pay off.

So I wouldn't be so dismissive of Paul's $52 gamble....

snoopy

Top Contributor
Sigh...

It is my understanding that prior to this 'clarification', auDA routinely deleted traditionally parked domains. I guess you got lucky!

However, it does suggest that far from your registrations being a thoughtful carefully considered purchase like you routinely advise others to do, it was rather a risky gamble that happened to pay off.

So I wouldn't be so dismissive of Paul's $52 gamble....

David the meaning of the word "clarify" is pretty obvious,

"to make (an idea, statement, etc.) clear or intelligible; to free from ambiguity."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/clarify

"Clarification" doesn't mean change stance, it means explain the policy so there is no confusion. If your understanding was that AUDA used to delete domains just because they were parked then your understanding is wrong.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member