What's new

Panda Update: 6/11/2012

James

Top Contributor
0.4 percent worldwide, guess AU fits into that one for this (probably a lower percentage)

None of our sites have been affected by this.

What do you think the issues was on your site, very bad timing with the Melbourne cup.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
All good here but recently it feels like dodging a bullet no matter what you do.
Agreed... it's like russian roulette with the gun pointed at you money making sites and you are just hoping the next chamber doesn't have a bullet in it.

:eek:

Quite ironically in light of Googles bipolar mood I'm seeing even more value in premium domains that you can build brand and mindshare around rather than relying on Google...

Building a business around Google is getting more and more dangerous.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Building a business around Google is getting more and more dangerous.

I think so, the site need to work with paid traffic, repeat customers, word of mouth etc otherwise it unlikely to be viable long term in my view.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
seems if you have an ok site googles not penalizing
Until Google decides they make more money from advertisers that are real world brands than organic ranking, traffic arbitraging sites...

It doesn't matter what sort of site you have, Google has you in its crosshairs...

:cool:

snoopy

Top Contributor
Until Google decides they make more money from advertisers that are real world brands than organic ranking, traffic arbitraging sites...

It doesn't matter what sort of site you have, Google has you in its crosshairs...

:cool:

I think for those worried about panda, they probably do have the type of sites that google are targeting. For the people checking rankings to see what has happened it probably needs a big change of model in that situation. The average website owner wouldn't even know what panda is I think.

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
I think for those worried about panda, they probably do have the type of sites that google are targeting. For the people checking rankings to see what has happened it probably needs a big change of model in that situation. The average website owner wouldn't even know what panda is I think.

Hi Snoopy - not to put you in the spotlight; what you say is true in some circumstances, but in some it isn't.

The website I'm talking about that was hit yesterday is a very well-built website that has 9 dedicated journalists writing on it 7 days a week on the industries events, news, tips and advice. No crappy content here at all.

After all, this is what Panda is about - content. If your content is written by an outsourced person who's native language is not English and/or isn't knowledgeable on the niche/industry , and is written for the search engines (high keyword densities/keyword stuffing), then yes, I would say you're going to slapped by Panda eventually.

Conclusion: I can't find any specific reasoning as to why this website has been hit by Panda, and i've spent the best part of 24 hours straight digging; however anyone and everyone should somewhat fear Panda - this is what ensures you do things right the first time.

bunstar

Top Contributor
Phew.. my main website survived. I always get nervous when i see a tweet from Google or Matt Cutts advising of a refresh of Panda or Penguin being rolled out.

Seoconsultant.. did u have excessive advertising on your site?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member