What's new

Outsourcing to India, etc?

TroyW

Top Contributor
Just wondering if anyone has any experience, good or bad, outsourcing their web development and/or seo work to india, phillipines, china, etc?

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
No experiencing outsourcing personally, but I've fixed, rebuilt and heard many complaints from customers who tried to save a buck and outsourced to India.
You get what you pay for.

I used to work with a guy who migrated to Australia from India... he worked over there as a PHP developer. He had excellent knowledge of PHP (4+ years exp), but he explained how they operate over there and it put me off ever outsourcing.. especially a big project.

I've also discussed with blackhat SEOs who outsource to these regions with varied success. Their advice is to test the waters a it can be quite hit and miss. Best used in BH circles for manual or repetitive tasks like setting up multiple accounts on social networking sites or writing scripts to accomplish specific tasks.

Last edited:

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi Troy,
I had an Indian programmer doing work for me, nice guy, but trying to understand him was a nightmare. The language barrier can be a problem, I've now got a South Afican guy, at least I can understand him.

I get emails all the time from India asking for my business and I tend to stay clear, prefer to stay local.

Don

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i purchsed a script with what i didn't know at the time was 'russian support'

Never again , what a nightmare , i would think if your cheap labor has a local relative, only then could you consider it

soj

Founder
I had hired some writers, not even sure they were indian or not, but was paying US$10 a 500 word article, got slabs of copied text from websites. Have never outsources again, and I'm definitely in the mindset of "you get what you pay for" now. Though I have also had problems with the fashion industry (outside of my internet stuff) with paying a high price for work, and still being given mediocre results. I think its all about a business relationship, you work with someone for long periods of time and you get better results from them.

TroyW

Top Contributor
Thanks everyone.

I've tried outsourcing once paying $6 for a 500 word article on the Hunter Valley. The lady was from the US and did an alright job but I still had to do some editing, etc.

Perhaps it's better to hire a local aussie student?

loho27

I have used them in the past but as stated, only for mundane tasks.

QC is very difficult.

I have used a Queensland Company call Zac-ware who have half there business in India and they manage all the projects for you.

If you have anything specific give them a call and explain your situatuion. Price is reasonable and you are only dealing locally yourself.

It is well worth it in the long run.

Regards

djuqa

Top Contributor
djuqa = 100% aussie no outsourcing

i spekka da english real goodly
u want cheep we only charge 5 ruppees a word

Seriously You want cheap
You GET cheap

Soj said:
was paying US$10 a 500 word article
Pay me that and I will write you ORIGINAL Copyscape verified Content all day long.
(dead serious Offer guys. You want GOOD articles Contact me)

Last edited:

James

Top Contributor
Ive outsourced a fair few projects in the past and had some really big problems and some success.

I had a contact in Egypt doing some great stuff for me but she had to stop work because paypal blocked her account.

I have had numerous people in the USA doing stuff for me, this one girl took money for work and took 3 months to do it arghhh..

Then I have outsourced to pakistan and india and most of the time it has only led to problems, I think out of the 5 people I used in India only 1 was decent/professional but he charged the most.

Really you need to do your research on who you are using, I saw this one guy from india had good reviews on DP, went and got him to make me a custom script, then he said he would include free upgrades/support...what do you know when he installs the script and does support once he never wants to help aggain!!!

But yeah if you want something done right you have to do it your self or actually hire people who work with you in a local office. Or if you find good people overseas make a good contact with them, test them on a few small projects and then go for a big project.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo