What's new

Other Revenues Sources For Sites With Poor AdSense Revenues

Chris.C

Top Contributor
As I mentioned in another thread I have a site that doesn't perform well with Google AdSense but gets a reasonable amount of traffic and the niche the site is in definitely has some high end products to sell.

So I was just wondering what other strategies you use to generate extra revenue from sites that don't perform well with Google AdSense.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Did you try using a Google Search Box? In theory that may do better than a terrible CTR.

Otherwise options are:

1) sell leads directly
2) see if you can sign up with an affiliate
3) sell text links to SEO-ers (if site has authority)
4) sell advertising to end-users
5) park it (depending on traffic source)

I think you need to work out why Adssense isn't working - where does your traffic come from? That will help you to offer them what they are looking for... although I certainly have stubborn sites where ads are nicely targeted (as far as I can see) but just struggle for decent CTR

snoopy

Top Contributor
As I mentioned in another thread I have a site that doesn't perform well with Google AdSense but gets a reasonable amount of traffic and the niche the site is in definitely has some high end products to sell.

So I was just wondering what other strategies you use to generate extra revenue from sites that don't perform well with Google AdSense.

Try selling the product directly.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I should point out that this is not a park domain.

Did you try using a Google Search Box? In theory that may do better than a terrible CTR.
I have never actually set up any Google search boxes before. I just assumed they never generated much revenue.

1) sell leads directly
This is what I'm thinking as well.

I think you need to work out why Adssense isn't working - where does your traffic come from?
I'm pretty confident the main reason it doesn't work well is the low competition among advertisers as well is low CPC and the fact that many sellers are probably only advertising to specific regions.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member