What's new

OK - Here goes!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
So I'm getting the sense that dropped domains are generally no good but good for someone like me trying to turn $20 into $50. You search all the domain marketplaces to find one you feel and calculate is a good option. Then head to your registery whether netfleet/uniregistry etc. where you search for the domain and bid. Correct?
Some of the best drops listed on the Drop.Com.Au Homepage. Just because a name is dropped does not mean is bad. Sometimes the tech guy leaves a company and doesn't tell anyone to renew the domain. List of famous drops below
~
Hardware.com.au $33,333
Rugs.com.au $22,110
Appliances.com.au $20,888
Wines.com.au $19,000
CarParts.com.au $18,011
CreditCard.net.au $15,001
Marketing.com.au $13,112
ShippingContainers.com.au $11,670
Maternity.com.au $11,111
BlueMountains.com.au $10,555

snoopy

Top Contributor
Watch the drops, study the prices on those auctions. That is best way to get a feel for the market.

.com.au is a very risky market right now and not doing well because of all the .au scenanigans. The market will be in the doldrums for years in my view.

WOULD STICK WITH .COM PERSONALLY

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Thanks Tim, obviously my dream is much greater and I am lookong to ultimately increase a second income stream, however I was merely indicating my desire to mitigate my risk in the early stages and get my feet wet.

When you get enough posts you will be able to PM (Private Message) people. PM me and we can chat. There is a lot of good names on the aftermarket but it depends on your budget, short and long term plans.

Most people on this forum would have less than 20 domain names themselves and a very small overall investment, some have 500/ 2000/ 5000+ names, some prefer .com.au others have some great .com names and income from them coming in.

What is fact is most of the new TLD'S have failed so I suggest stay clear of them. If they where so great trust me many people here would be buying them but very few are.

Some people have made a very good ROI from .com and .com.au domain names and others have not.

Lot's to read here..if you have the time and interest.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo