What's new

Oh how time flies..

johno69

Top Contributor
I often register the odd domain name with a definite idea in mind, and knowing while I don't have time to get to it right away I will get to it in the near future.

Lately I've started getting renewal notices of domains it feels like I've registered not too long ago.

Damn 2 years goes fast.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I once read we all have good ideas but because we sometimes can't act on them immediately we talk ourselves out of it, if you still think these ideas have legs it may be worth making a start on one of them ??

johno69

Top Contributor
Yeah could/should do that..

Probably in a better position to make it happen down that path too me thinks.

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm in the same position, the end of the FIN year + NF repricing ( but lets not go into that ) caused me to spend most this week "doing a stock take" and i think its a really good thing to do.

an important one for newbies and oldbies

so i have just have decided to dump a few mistake purchases, create a plan for them and others and actually go do it.

but yes, 2 years and its due for renewal and you go "oh S^^T" already !

outsource: i try to get a clients that have similar needs to my own domains, eg: a layout which can suit a optom and a plumber , so i pay the freelancers and then pay the freelancers for a duplicate with minor alterations. generally the 2nd website is 30% less the the first and i "bundle the projects" so the freelancers knows they are getting the money

optom in cairns, plumber in melbourne, they will never see each other. so basically i try to get a few websites out of each client project and make sure they are completely different sectors and locations.

i've asked my permanent guys if they are happy with how i give them jobs and they have said they are, they started putting their quotes up recently and i told them i was " agreeing to fair pricing and if you take the P^^S i may look elsewhere" so we are back to normal again.

giving them regular work is the key, if you can get to a stage where you are paying them something every week you will get good result i have found, and i'm not talking down to them, we are almost friends, have a laugh, a joke, share ideas, concepts, its a great insight into other nations

tim

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members