1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

newbies lost password !

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by findtim, Aug 31, 2015.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i have a client that wanted TOTAL control, thought he knew everything, and i said " if you change the passwords i give you you are on your own "
    well its a year down the track and i get a phone call " hey tim, forgot my password " , which one" , " all of them "
    "well just hit forgot password"
    " i was using a gmail address and i don't use it anymore "
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thankfully he was on my server and not someone elses.
    --------------
    process:
    i log into my WHM, and reset his cpanel password
    then log into his cpanel and then his mysql and change the wp-admin email to mine
    then log into his www.............../wp-admin and hit forget password
    then log into users and reset everything.
    ---------------
    anyone know a simpiler way ? ( other then never give them access ) as that was a pain
    tim

2. rensit

rensit Membership: Community

I don't know a simpler way. I have done it like this myself. If the customer wants full access, create a second user with admin rights for yourself as a backup. If the customer deletes it, he really throws his spare key away.