What's new

Newbie asking "where do domainers sell?"

janesdomains

Hi everyone,
my introduction -
I'm from Sydney here in Australia, stay at home mum with 2 young kids
and started buying domains as a hobbyist sort of thing.
Things have changed though, and I won't have the time to develop/park/sell my domains properly, so I am trying to find out effective places to liquidate 70 or 80% of my portfolio as quickly as possible. There seem to be some very experienced and knowledgeable domainers here - I thought I would ask if you have any suggestions? Where do real domainers sell? Is there an easy way to do it, or is it all a slow manual one-at-a-time process? At the moment I just have a few listed up on Ebay, but there isn't much (any!) natural traffic of people looking for domains on ebay so I'm really not confident that it will be an effective method.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am still very interested in domaining hence the reason I would like to retain 20 - 30% of my portfolio, but I just found myself in a situation where I bit off far more than I can chew at the moment and am starting to feel a teeny weeny twinge of panic - oopsie!
Anyway - that aside - have been reading the other recent introductions in this thread and am happy to meet you all. I'm looking forward to joining the discussion and learning as I go :)

aus11

Top Contributor
The most popular place to sell domains seems to be NetFleet.com.au where you can list them in their directory or put they up for auction.

Other than that you could list them in the marketplace of this forum. As you mentioned there are quite a few active domainers on the forum (as it's the focus of this site), so you might find a buyer for some of them here.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Auction houses and forums. I think the only auction site specific to .com.au is netfleet for aftermarket names, I don't think drop do anything anymore in terms of aftermarket auctions.

Selling in bulk will yield lower prices but obviously lower cost in terms of time spent, depends on the market value of the names which method is used I would say. If these are recent registrations (last few years) then be prepared to sell at cost or lower unless they are really well chosen.

soj

Founder
Welcome janesdomains! Good to have another member of the fairer sex join us on DN Trade. :)

There are a couple of options available as others have said.

1. Netfleet has their aftermarket auction, and provided you set no reserve, it costs you nothing if they don't sell. The minimum bid people have to make is $100 - and out of that you pay some costs.

2. Use our marketplace. DNT has been very successful lately in helping people sell quite a few domains. (You do need to have three posts up before you post there though).

In the interim, perhaps I could suggest that you put a small list of your domains up in the appraisals section. This way your peers can give you their thoughts as to value. This may assist.

Finally, there are a number of buyers on here that will look at purchasing portfolios (dependant on price and quality of course). My alter ego Neddy is one of those people. I also know of a few other people in that category, and I would be happy to assist in passing the names on if you wanted.

Cheers, Ned

janesdomains

Thank you @aus11 for the netfleet tip!
@snoopy thank you for the notes and clarification on possible blindpots
@GGroup - :) ta
@Ned, thanks for the warm welcome & any names you could pass on would be most appreciated!
Most of these are .com domains

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member