What's new

New drop catcher

neddy

Top Contributor
There is a new drop catcher about to open for business here in Australia. An announcement will be made tomorrow apparently.

I think this is an "open secret" now because a few of us have been approached to be "beta testers".

They are a large overseas corporation who currently run expired domain auctions overseas (well known); plus they have a large aftermarket portal. They are teaming up with a largish Australian registrar.

This can only be good for competition imho.

neddy

Top Contributor
By the way, I have three "beta tester invitations" left if anyone is interested in having a look.

Please PM me - first in, best dressed.

P.S. And please keep the site confidential for now.

neddy

Top Contributor
How do you mean? Both Drop and Netfleet run a no reserve auction system which is as open a market as you can get isn't it?

I mean competition as in three providers out there. There is always going to be variances in prices between drop catchers, so this is a good thing imo.

Netfleet is dominant at the moment (and I have always sincerely congratulated you guys for this), but there is no better feeling when you catch a domain on Drop for a lower price than what it went for on Netfleet. ;)

And occasionally that works in reverse too. Just last week a few names were over a hundred bucks each on Drop, but I got them on NF for $10.

So that's what I mean when I say it will be good for competition.

IMHO. :)

neddy

Top Contributor
The new drop catcher is going to have one important difference which I think may appeal to a lot of people.

It's like a "Rewards Club".

Apparently if you spend over $3000 per quarter on their platform, they rebate you 15% of your spend by way of gift cards to various retailers.

I like that idea!

neddy

Top Contributor
Ok, lots of people have been messaging and texting me re the new drop catcher.

It's going to be public soon, so I am prepared to let members only know the URL.

[DNT_HIDE]

www.dropping.com.au

Please keep this confidential to DNT members. Thanks.

[/DNT_HIDE]

chris

Top Contributor
I haven't used the logged in content stuff much so not sure what's going in, will do some testing.

chris

Top Contributor
Thanks for the heads up. Try logging off and logging in again.

Are you just seeing a box that says "you must be logged in to see this" etc.

neddy

Top Contributor
Sorry guys - don't know what is happening there. I used the "hidden tags" that we used to use in "the old days" - this allowed only signed in members to see the content.

I tested it before I put it up, and it worked for me.

Anyway, it doesn't matter so much now. The word is out! :D

Here is the URL for the new drop catcher: www.dropping.com.au

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Sorry guys - don't know what is happening there. I used the "hidden tags" that we used to use in "the old days" - this allowed only signed in members to see the content.

I tested it before I put it up, and it worked for me.

Anyway, it doesn't matter so much now. The word is out! :D

Here is the URL for the new drop catcher: www.dropping.com.au

curiosity got the better of me : )

neddy

Top Contributor
curiosity got the better of me : )

You were not alone Spacey. I got 9 PM's; and quite a few emails and sms's.

Big thanks to johno69 who put the page up for me.

I thought I milked it rather well (if I say so myself). :D

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member