What's new

New Domain Partnership Wanted

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi All,

So far with the help of this forum we have been able to set up 3 domain partnerships and we are now looking for the 4th.

Partnership websites to date which are ALL making sales.

Photographers.com.au - subscription based
Vibrator.com.au - now making sales!!!
LifeInsurance.net.au - already got our first enquiry!

If you have a domain which you would like to consider going in to domain partnership with then let us know via PM.

Please note, the domain needs to be strong for us to consider it.

Kind regards,
Shaun McGowan

Oz.

Top Contributor
Hi Shaun

I'm interested to know more about a potential partnership (expertise, who brings what to the table etc). PM me.

Ross

Top Contributor
Hi Shaun,

You do good work.
Please consider participating in the contest.... should be fun.

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi Ross,

Thanks for your comment. Much appreciated.

I have been watching your thread with interest and I think it's a genius idea. Well done.

coreyg

Top Contributor
what is the benefit of a partnership and what are the risks involved?

Cheers
Corey

Shaun

Top Contributor
Thanks all to the PM's, quite an overwhelming response but keep them coming...

To answer a few questions...

What is the benefit of a partnership?
If we were to buy a domain that we would like to develop we may be up for mid to large $XX,XXX
Then to develop a premium site would again cost $XX,XXX in discovery and define, design, development, SEO, SEM etc so we would have to pay huge numbers (more than double the cost of the domain in most instances). If we work in partnership we do not have the initial domain cost which enables us to be able to get involved in more domains as well as being able to spend the appropriate money to properly develop a domain.

For you the benefit is to have our company with proven results working and developing your domain, a domain you might have been stuck for ideas, a domain you don't have the expertise or the capital to develop properly or you could be one of many domainers who just has too many good domains to be able to develop them all at once.

We enter in to a legally binding contract, you chuck in the domain, we chuck in everything else, but the domain is still rightfully yours. We don't ask for ownership at this stage, giving you peace of mind.

The agreement is for two years (not unreasonable considering the investment we make) and we both decide on a $ value. This $ value is the amount that we need to make in total from the site in any 12 month period within the two years. During this period we split everything ($$$) 50/50.

When we hit this target (and we will) we then form a company with each having 50% shareholding, the company will then own the domain as well as all the IP.

If for some reason we do not meet this $ target, you get your domain back (plus half of everything we have made from the site) and we each carry on our merry ways.

Sound like something you'd be interested in?

PM me!

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Still going through all the PM's and domain opportunities. If you have a ripper domain you want developed, let me know.

Thanks

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi All,

Thanks to all that responded.

I apologise for my slackness in getting back to each of you individually.

At this stage we have decided not to go ahead with any new domain partnerships.

Kind regards,
Shaun McGowan

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members