What's new

Never Easy Even If You Have A Good Innings

neddy

Top Contributor
Thanks again to everyone who sent me their wishes. I truly appreciate them. :)

Funeral has all happened, and I'm on my way home tomorrow (overnighting in Sydney). Back to work on Thursday.

Cheers, Ned

findtim

Top Contributor
same same as above posts ned, but i think if i get to 92 then its a good innings, my folks are now 86 and 84 so us kids think about it alot.

helenas are 85 and 76 so the same goes.

my best wishes and if i could tell you a story as i always do....

when my pop passed away at 100+ ....nobody knew his age as he kept changing it to either stop from being drafted to the wars or to be able to get a job ! so that was 1992 , so say born in 1892 he was 20 in 1912 but never went to war, he was 48 in 1940 but never went to war , but he sold model T fords when they first came to oz so we do not know how old he was when he passed away. to young/old to go to war but old enough to work?

After the funeral my REBEL uncle said "so where is the wake? " and my aunties said..."no wake" and my uncle said " BULLS$^%$^%$T" and we drove down and got 6 slabs of beer and steaks and snags and went back to my uncles place to have a party ........ just like POP would have wanted.

funerals at 92 are a celebration of life not a sad thing, memories, positives, what that person GAVE you in your life, the knowledge the experience the LOVE. yes its sad but that sadness is a choice, a decision, i look back on pop and i see a great man that gave me great experiences and that what i choose to have in my mind not the loss.

I hope i'm not out of line here but instead of saying " condolences " i wanted to give more and i hope you see my intent is pure.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member