What's new

NetFleet

NicTraders

What does ARCHIVED mean, in the Bid History at NetFleet? Does this mean it was sold by one person to another then the new owner has relisted it, or something else?...

trellian

Top Contributor
The sales platform works, but most clients have not been maintaining accurate listing.

As for archived, I see it but not sure why without digging into the code, I would suspect that the offer made was from account subsequently cancelled which would then archive all offers made by them.

NicTraders

The sales platform works, but most clients have not been maintaining accurate listing.

As for archived, I see it but not sure why without digging into the code, I would suspect that the offer made was from account subsequently cancelled which would then archive all offers made by them.
Thanks. So is NetFleet not very active anymore? I thought that was your main sales platform? Or is it just that certain users let their listings go stale, while some others still keep them updated?...

TroyW

Top Contributor
I still visit occasionally but there seems to be a lot that are out of date. It would be good to see a purge and refresh then advertisers forced to put a price up rather than make an offer. I don't know their long-term plans for the website, maybe they intend to roll it into drop?

trellian

Top Contributor
Our main sales platform is at Above.com where most of our domain sales are done through there.

Netfleet yes most users are not maintaining their listings which is always hard to manage. But then before we acquired the platform it was not working and we did a few bug fixes to get it back on track but have not had the time to promote it again... on our to do list.

NicTraders

Our main sales platform is at Above.com where most of our domain sales are done through there.
Ah, OK. So that includes all .com.au names too (@ Above)?
But then before we acquired the platform it was not working and we did a few bug fixes to get it back on track but have not had the time to promote it again... on our to do list.
Why not just close it down and send the traffic to Above?...

trellian

Top Contributor
Yes Above supports .au, .com.au, .net.au as a registrar and marketplace.

netfleet is a registrar and needs to trade on its own right so that it can still be used for drop catching.

TroyW

Top Contributor
Sorry; going off the post topic a little. Regarding Above.com:
  1. Do I need to pay to use Above.com for au registrations?
  2. Can I just reg there or do I need to use an additional service?
  3. Re monetisation is there a tool to look at my domains and estimate their monetisation value?
  4. Does your monestisation service damage PageRank and its reputation if I want to develop the website later?
I have approx 100 at different levels of development. Thanks for your help.

TW

trellian

Top Contributor
1. Yes just like every registrar Above charges yearly domain registration fees, so not sure of anyone that gives .au domain names away for free???
if asking about the monetization service, that is either free or a flat % of any motetization revenues generated. Contact the above support asking for the AboveManaged option if you do not have existing 3rd party parking accounts.

2. yes you can just reg there, ICANN accredited registrar

3. similarweb.com.au provides potential traffic stats for domains is a good place to start. Does not tell what the name will make that take time to figure out based on traffic and industry/vertical.

4. This is domain parking, does not damage domain reputation.

Last edited:

TroyW

Top Contributor
3. similarweb.com.au provides potential traffic stats for domains is a good place to start. Does not tell what the name will make that take time to figure out based on traffic and industry/vertical.

similarweb.com.au seems to have passed on.

trellian

Top Contributor
Yes Drop is where the orders are placed, and then all of our registrars: Drop.com.au, Netfleet.com.au, Fabulous.com.au, Above.com/Yexa, DomainShield.com.au, DNTrade.com.au, Help.com.au that are all accredited registrars are used to catch domains that expire

NicTraders

Yes Drop is where the orders are placed, and then all of our registrars: Drop.com.au, Netfleet.com.au, Fabulous.com.au, Above.com/Yexa, DomainShield.com.au, DNTrade.com.au, Help.com.au that are all accredited registrars are used to catch domains that expire
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member