What's new

Netfleet - You Have To Lift Your Game

neddy

Top Contributor
Yesterday's auctions on Netfleet finally tipped me over the edge. 11 results were missing from their list.

Customer service is less than it should be; auction integrity is being questioned again; and transparency is missing.

As I write in my article today, I don't believe this is all down to Nikki Scholes. I like her; and I think her integrity is beyond reproach. Quite simply, Netfleet is under-resourced.

In my opinion.

robert

Top Contributor
I believe you're giving too much credit to Nikki, Ned. In my personal opinion. Sure, she may have been left for dead to deal with everything on her own, but there's always time to spend 10 seconds replying to an email saying "Apologies, I'm working on it," or the like...
AT LEAST. It's the LEAST someone in a managerial role can do for customers of a business you are supposed to be fronting.

neddy

Top Contributor
I believe you're giving too much credit to Nikki, Ned. In my personal opinion. Sure, she may have been left for dead to deal with everything on her own, but there's always time to spend 10 seconds replying to an email saying "Apologies, I'm working on it," or the like...
AT LEAST. It's the LEAST someone in a managerial role can do for customers of a business you are supposed to be fronting.
I do agree with you that communication can solve a lot of problems. I know you two have had some issues - and I'm sorry about that. I have offered to be a reconciler!!

Given my longevity, I have found in life that it's best to treat people as they treat me - regardless of what other people say about them. But that's me. Woe betide anyone who abuses my friendship or trust though. ;)

Nikki has always treated me well - and it's certainly not because of my good looks. It must be my charm!

Scott.L

Top Contributor
yeah, noticed one of my names remained without an invoice, logged a ticked, it was resolved in a couple of hours...not sure what your going through Robert;

neddy

Top Contributor
You are going against the trend. Values have been dwindling for years.
Snoopy, you and I agree on many things - what we don't agree on is .au.

I'm the first to admit that there is now an "elephant in the room" with regards auDA and whatever they ultimately decide about direct registrations. That's really unfortunate. But I believe that regardless of that, com.au will remain "King". Just like co.uk has done in the UK (according to Edwin Hayward).

My son continues to sell .au domains every week from the business he took over from me (he doesn't buy anthing - only does renewals). Whilst I am still in semi-retirement, I'm buying quite a few domains through a different entity. And I can tell you that sales for me are excellent!

snoopy

Top Contributor
I'm the first to admit that there is now an "elephant in the room" with regards auDA and whatever they ultimately decide about direct registrations. That's really unfortunate. But I believe that regardless of that, com.au will remain "King". Just like co.uk has done in the UK (according to Edwin Hayward).

Agree, it will remain the strongest extension much like .co.uk has remained that way and .co.nz. The market is far too mature for things to change, it is only very small businesses who don't have their domain. The horses have bolted on naming preferences. It will all be defensive registrations and domainers buying.

Having said that .com.au values are clearly on the downslide as can be seen from auctions values. Google EMD changes in 2012 have seriously effected the market. .au will continue to make thinks far worse in my view because of the uncertainty and increased supply. .Co.uk saw this, even .com saw this in the lead up to the new tlds.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
There are different buyers for the various stages of the gold rush.This .com.au gold rush is maturing. Less speculative high prices for tenement sales and more average price sales for main street blocks to build on?

snoopy

Top Contributor
There are different buyers for the various stages of the gold rush.This .com.au gold rush is maturing. Less speculative high prices for tenement sales and more average price sales for main street blocks to build on?

Think this is worldwide phenomenon, volumes tailing off in pretty much any established ccdld you can think of (.fr, .de, .co.uk), .com is in a similar situation though prices are still growing in many categories. Still better than ntlds which are collapsing but .com.au is in overall decline price wise in my view and has been for some time.

robert

Top Contributor
Snoopy, you speak like your word is gospel. I know that you're wrong. On the last two days of last week alone, I couldn't believe how many inbounds I received. Even today, someone wants to buy PerthLandscapes.com.au from me(.) I'm on the verge of another huge sale which I may or may not be able to discuss soon. And that is due to outbound marketing.
I'm interested, are you actively buying and selling Australian domain names every week?
If not, where do you get the balls to talk about it like you know what the current market is doing?
Warping various new-domainers' view of the industry in the process with your negativity.
For me, this period of time in the Australian domain name market is going to be looked back at with envy. By a LOT of people. Just like the year 2000 when all the major corporations came to the conclusion the dot-com bubble had burst. A handful of genius domainers were around to snap up all the names the corporations were dropping, as they mistakingly thought domain names were OVER and were worthless. And now every single one of those clever domainers are millionaires.
The same as when the iPhone bought out APPS and everyone thought domain names and web browsers were dead. But they were wrong. Who wants to install thousands of silly apps on their phone when you can just open a browser and search for millions of domain-name- controlled websites?!
In terms of .com.au - I have news for everyone - and I may be the only one that thinks this at this point - but Direct .AU will (eventually - down the track) be KING - and I can see it as clear as the stars on a cloudless night.
Quote stats to the contrary to me all you like, I study them all the time. It's not about what they say at this moment, but...

snoopy

Top Contributor
On the last two days of last week alone, I couldn't believe how many inbounds I received. Even today, someone wants to buy PerthLandscapes.com.au from me(.) I'm on the verge of another huge sale which I may or may not be able to discuss soon.
Just like the year 2000 when all the major corporations came to the conclusion the dot-com bubble had burst. A handful of genius domainers were around to snap up all the names the corporations were dropping, as they mistakingly thought domain names were OVER and were worthless.

The post starts by talking about how many inquiries you are getting, and ends by arguing the current .com.au market is like the dot com crash! Either the market is strong or weak Robert, you can't have it both ways.

Good luck with the .au's!

robert

Top Contributor
I am happy to report that Nikki from Netfleet reached out to me today. I now have at least some of my names in my account.
I'm hoping things can get better at this point, in terms of her being contactable and sorting out Netfleet problems in a timely fashion.
She has noted some new "help", by way of possibly a new developer, may be coming on board soon to fix some of the technical glitches... I hope and look forward to this happening sooner rather than later.

robert

Top Contributor
Of which Snoopy was one. :D
Oh, please.
I was talking the likes of Mike Mann, Rick Schwartz, Gary Chernoff, Yun Ye...
I was signed to Columbia Records (SONY BMG) 13 years ago in my band (that I was manager of) for $1 Million and signed a seven-album deal, but I don't carry on about that. IT'S IN THE PAST.
As we used to say in the band, "you're only as good as your latest performance."
I for one am sick of watching certain people in this forum carry on like King-Dick Know-It-Alls.
It's getting tiring and boring.
I've hopefully woken Netfleet up. My job is done in this place for now.
I'm going back to buying as many .com.au's as I can, helping other like-minded investors to sell their's and kicking arse.
For those of you that I've met so far along the way, and those I am yet to meet, I look forward to positively sharing this awesome ride with you!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member