What's new

netfleet time clock

findtim

Top Contributor
did anyone else find that drop stopped before netfleet stopped?

i think there was about 10 seconds different, if not more

tim

Chris.C

Top Contributor
The drop auction finished about a minute before netfleet I think.

It actually nearly caught me out... I was winning a domain on both netfleet and drop, and when the drop auction finished a minute before NetFleet and I was still comfortably winning with my intial proxy bid I got all complacent and was thinking that it would go for something similar on NetFleet, and with 15 seconds to go someone outbid my initial bid, and I had forgot to put in my final bid and I had to scurry to get it in on time...

:p

Chris.C

Top Contributor
It's no dramas really... it probably makes bidding on both platforms easier.

That said, I've often wished that NF finished before Drop so that I could race over and throw some bids on Drop for domains that are selling for a lot on NF but are cheap on Drop on the off chance that Drop will catch them rather than NF...

:D

Sometimes the price differentials are $100+

findtim

Top Contributor
Oh sorry yes I understand now.

Our auctions finish at 2pm AEST now.

Can you tell me when I was informed of this? i think its vital information so did you send an email to your members ?

you and drop have trained us for 1.59pm a minutes difference is a big deal

i apologise if you have sent an email but i can't find one !

tim

DavidL

Top Contributor
Can you tell me when I was informed of this? i think its vital information so did you send an email to your members ?

you and drop have trained us for 1.59pm a minutes difference is a big deal

i apologise if you have sent an email but i can't find one !

tim

Better than finishing a minute earlier. Anyway don't you just go off the countdown timer rather than your own clock?

findtim

Top Contributor
It's no dramas really... it probably makes bidding on both platforms easier.

That said, I've often wished that NF finished before Drop so that I could race over and throw some bids on Drop for domains that are selling for a lot on NF but are cheap on Drop on the off chance that Drop will catch them rather than NF...

:D

Sometimes the price differentials are $100+

i was going WTF? , i had NF on one screen drop on the other, and all of a sudden drop turned off, i was watching NF clock and not drops as i was further down the page on drop and simply figured the clocks are the same.

i got the name i wanted on NF and drop so it didn't matter but i would think some people may have been dipped out today.

note: its the first time i have bid since the new NF look.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Hi Tim

We did email all clients with this yesterday, and it's on our blog. Maybe you didn't get our email?

https://www.netfleet.com.au/blog/updates/important-changes-to-netfleet-please-read-carefully/

Cheers
Mark

didn't get your email, i'm getting anthony's from support@netfleet.com.au on other matters, i'm getting your invoices LOL , but no "important change email"

no hassles, i now know, just bringing it up for others that don't bid often, kinda like changing the speed limit down a road you don't travel often.

all cool

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members