What's new

Netfleet AMA $100 = Snapper $50 ?

logicstorm

Top Contributor
I've been watching the Netfleet AMA auction and Snapper auction closely for a while since the new Netfleet AMA platform was launched recently.

And I've noticed that the people tend to bid higher on Snapper auction than AMA for similar valued domain names.

So I've decided to do some simple calculations to see what the buyer is actually paying for both platform.

On Snapper, The buyer need to pay the GST(10%) and Domain registration fee ($49.95) on top of the actual winning bid amount.

On AMA, if the winning price is $100 (minimum when no reserve), you only need to pay $100 and everything is included such as GST, COR fee.

So this makes me think that buying a domain name on Snapper with winning bid of $50(or little less) is same as buying a domain name with $100 winning bid in AMA.

Snapper $50 = AMA $100

BUT In my opinion, people tend to think that it's much cheaper to buy a domain at $50 on Snapper than $100 on AMA.

At the end of the day, they're paying the same amount of around $100 for the winning domain but I think it makes them easier to bid on Snapper due to the amount they actually see when they make the bid and I'm sure there are some impulse bidding on Snapper that drive the bidding up than AMA since the Snapper auction ends at exact time and it shows to seconds.

I'm interest to know if anyone else had the same thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Last edited:

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Could it be down to number of eyeballs? I hardly check the AMA but always check the snappers since I know when it ends and what I've bookmarked.

dave

Personally I have found that the AMA prices have been unrealistic and my attempts at purchasing domains via this have been a big waste of time.

I don't devote much time to AMA either. My experience so far has been unrealistic prices in pretty poor quality domains on offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I've only looked a handful of times... there is way too much junk and no sense of urgency. Also get the feeling the reserves on semi-decent names are set too high.

logicstorm

Top Contributor
I agree that there are a lot of domain names with unrealistic prices on them but I can see there are plenty of useful domains with no reserve prices as well.

I'm just trying to say that bidding around $40-50 on Snapper auction is same as bidding $100 on AMA due to other costs involved with Snapper auction such as GST and domain registration fees.

I just think that it's a good time to have a look at AMA domains with no reserves since there aren't much competition going on at the moment as people above mentioned.

Anyway, I'll leave this to the individual preferences..

logicstorm

Top Contributor
Thanks for all your opinions.

It'll be good if Netfleet can do a little more marketing around AMA so that we can see more activity going on there as well.

I can see some nice domain names there that are sold under priced but I'm thinking it'll get better in time.

Cheers,

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
In a market that has limited accessability to the average joe who doesn't even know about domain names ...... there will always be a limited audience of buyers

My personal preference is the static sales model at netfleet

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members