What's new

Net Fleet Lagging? Or Just Me?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So I had some real issues bidding on NetFleet today but had no issues with other websites or bidding on Drop.

Bit disappointing as I missed out on at least 3 domains that I would have at least been the second highest bidder if not winner of.

I was just wondering if it was only me or did anyone else find NF was slow today?

Mark

Top Contributor
Yes we did experience a slower than normal response times today due to the heavy load on the server.

We will address this asap - this obviously cannot be tolerated.

And sorry that you missed out cncventure

Mark

Mat

Yes we did experience a slower than normal response times today due to the heavy load on the server.

We will address this asap - this obviously cannot be tolerated.

And sorry that you missed out cncventure

Mark

Hey Mark.

Today was a shocker as well. I placed a bid with 3:46 to go and the site hung until the refresh at 3:17 to go.

Once the clock has a minute or less to go, the times really start to blow out to a 40+sec delay.

I know you said you are on it, so I just wanted to make sure you were aware that it seems to be taking a little longer again now.

Mat.

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Mat

Thanks for heads up. We are hoping to have a leaner platform available in a day or two that should greatly help with any low bandwidth connections/heavy loads

Cheers, Mark

Mark

Top Contributor
Wow... was I the only one who experienced a lag fest on NF today?

I'm am afraid you were not alone. Massively overloaded due to interest.

Apologies to those who didn't get bids in on time - it's the last thing we want

James

Top Contributor
at around 1.40 I could not even load the page, I placed a bid at 2mins a decent proxy...

Some one came in at like 1 min and hit it with a higher proxy like 200 above mine, then boom no load for 1 minute.

Not like internet is a problem I am running on Fiber Optic here !!!

Netfleet needs to get their shit together, increase server capacity.

Mark

Top Contributor
Is there a way to avoid this? Potentially turning off dynamic tomorrow?

We will look in to all possibilities for tomorrow Chris

The load during this last 7 days has seemed strange to say the least - I will update this afternoon

zhenjie

Top Contributor
disappointed. lets hope it gets fixed up soon because its not a great user experience right now (compared to drop).

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Solution is to bid your highest proxy earlier. We got what we wanted but yes it lagged badly today.

Also doesnt hurt to duplicate your bids on both platforms which is a bit hard if you are going for a few names at the same time and waiting till the last minute.

Basically now bid your highest bid early ( dont leave it till the last 15 minutes guys or who knows what can happen with the site or your connection) and if you dont get it live with it knowing at auctions you can be sucked in to bidding more than you should in the last minute. Bidding your higher proxy early makes you cooler at the auction with the knowledge you wont blow your budget.

Too many bidders know the game now so trying last second bids will mean you lose more than you win and stress out.

Dont worry tomorrow's another day more names dropping and netfleet aftermarket still has some better names that can be bought for less.

Sad to say taking screen shots of your winning bid at closing time is also needed sometimes as today one platform froze badly for us today

Last edited:

Shane

Top Contributor
I got my bids in okay today, and I'm still showing as the winner, but Netfleet registered the domains to other people.

What's the story?

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi All

Sorry for late reply we have been working through the situation.

We have had to perform registrant corrections for a few domains to ensure that the winning bidder at the time of auction close fell in line with the registrant of the domain name. We explained our situation to auDA, and they agreed that we should go down this course of action.

We will have an update on the auction platform stability first thing tomorrow morning, if not before

Again, sorry for the mass confusion. If you have any questions at all, please let me know

Cheers
Mark

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Hi All

Sorry for late reply we have been working through the situation.

We have had to perform registrant corrections for a few domains to ensure that the winning bidder at the time of auction close fell in line with the registrant of the domain name. We explained our situation to auDA, and they agreed that we should go down this course of action.

We will have an update on the auction platform stability first thing tomorrow morning, if not before

Again, sorry for the mass confusion. If you have any questions at all, please let me know

Cheers
Mark

Ok so finally this flaw is true in the platform used and the winner was someone else as he claimed and showed the screen shot? We raised this issue of a bug months ago for a similar problem we had in being the winning bidder etc but since we had no screen shot pursuing it was futile. Some here doubted such a bug could happen... but looks like it can and sometimes does!

Last edited:

Mark

Top Contributor
Ok so finally this flaw is true in the platform used and the winner was someone else as he claimed and showed the screen shot? We raised this issue of a bug months ago for a similar problem we had in being the winning bidder etc but since we had no screen shot pursuing it was futile. Some here doubted such a bug could happen... but looks like it can!

This is a actually a different issue - in the above case, we had no record of your bids in our database or logs. This may have been caused by a lag in the system which by the time your bids were to be lodged, the auction had closed.

Regardless, we need a platform that can cope with load, and stop disappointing our clients, and we are working hard to achieve that.

Thanks, Mark

DomainNames

Top Contributor
This is a actually a different issue - in the above case, we had no record of your bids in our database or logs. This may have been caused by a lag in the system which by the time your bids were to be lodged, the auction had closed.

Regardless, we need a platform that can cope with load, and stop disappointing our clients, and we are working hard to achieve that.

Thanks, Mark

No thats not right Mark but we had no screen shots and so no use us trying to prove the point any further.

Happy to see todays true winning bidder had the foresight to take the screen shots and that you have done the right thing and fixed the registrant to be the true winning bidder.

Sad to say Screenshots of winning bids is important for this very reason as we said back in our earlier post about the issue we had which was the same

If forum member ONE didnt take the screenshots many here might not believe it and how could he prove it like he was able to do?

This is the first time I have seen this registrant change after an issue at the auctions re wrong winner being registrant of the name. Has it happened before on netfleet.. have you had any other complaints ever? How exactly did it happen today?

Last edited:

Mark

Top Contributor
No thats not right Mark but we had no screen shots and so no use us trying to prove the point any further.

Happy to see todays true winning bidder had the foresight to take the screen shots and that you have done the right thing and fixed the registrant to be the true winning bidder.

Sad to say Screenshots of winning bids is important for this very reason as we said back in our earlier post about the issue we had which was the same

If forum member ONE didnt take the screenshots many here might not believe it and how could he prove it like he was able to do?

This is the first time I have seen this registrant change after an issue at the auctions re wrong winner being registrant of the name. Has it happened before on netfleet.. have you had any other complaints ever? How exactly did it happen today?

DomainNames, it is nothing to do with screen shots - it is to do with our records indicating the registrant was incorrect. We will remedy any situation like this if we have the records to prove it. We cannot effect a registrant correction on something we cannot quantify.

Shane

Top Contributor
Thanks for sorting this out Mark. Apologies if I jumped the gun by posting on DNtrade without giving you guys time to resolve the issue, but I was just a little shocked at the time and felt the need to let people know.

We got the right result in the end, so happy days. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member