What's new

.Net.au strategy in case direct registration gets up

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
If you are holding on to a keyword.net.au, I reckon you should keep holding a little while longer.

That way you might get an offer from the .com.au owner to take the .au version rights.

If you have owned for example cpa.net.au, land.net.au or broker.net.au for a couple of years you are probably in the money more so because the .com.au owners, most likely will have no rights to the .au variant.

You could probably check the highest prices for dropped domains over the last 1 - 2 years to get a good list of valuable .net.au's.

What's your take on this situation?

Last edited:

chris

Top Contributor
If you are holding on to a keyword.net.au, I reckon you should keep holding a little while longer.

That way you might get an offer from the .com.au owner to take the .au version rights.

If you have owned for example cpa.net.au, land.net.au or broker.net.au for a couple of years you are probably in the money more so because the .com.au owners, most likely will have no rights to the .au variant.

You could probably check the highest prices for dropped domains over the last 1 - 2 years to get a good list of valuable .net.au's.

What's your take on this situation?

Interesting @Bacon Farmer - I reckon I've noticed a few .net.au's registered over the past few years due to direct reg. Not many made the sales list, but quite a few net.au's on the drops under 1k.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Interesting @Bacon Farmer - I reckon I've noticed a few .net.au's registered over the past few years due to direct reg. Not many made the sales list, but quite a few net.au's on the drops under 1k.

And the people previously registering .id.au's for the same reason.

Erwin

Top Contributor
I wonder what the scenario would be if a person buys a .net.au 'grandfathers' the original registration date placing you in the running for .au

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member