What's new

.net.au and .net worthwhile

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Don't really follow how this is an example of a competitor .net.au outranking the original site and taking traffic?
It seems you moved the goal posts from my understanding of your challenge by adding the word "outranking", I was providing you with an example of "successful sites on a .com.au facing traffic loss due to someone later developing a .net.au".

snoopy

Top Contributor
It seems you moved the goal posts from my understanding of your challenge by adding the word "outranking", I was providing you with an example of "successful sites on a .com.au facing traffic loss due to someone later developing a .net.au".

No idea about goalposts be changed, if they aren't outranking how are they going to be grabbing customers intended for the .com.au?

I just don't understand how your examples answer my question.

You said,

"a registrant registered the .net.au and the singular .com.au for a generic two word domain then got the .com.au into a pendingDelete state for a few days and offered the clients who stumbled upon the .net.au a significant discount to use their identical service. I have no idea if this worked well or not but I am pointing out that this type of stuff does happen."

So,

-Where are the two parties who are competing?
-What is the actual example? Is this some undisclosed scenario?
-If the .com.au was in pending delete how can there be any traffic loss due to the .net.au? They are getting to traffic for that period to the .com.au because the site is dead, not because of another site.
-Is this the best example people can come up with? a .com.au which went into pending delete for 3 days?

Like I said the explanation doesn't make much sense to me, it sounds like one person with multiple sites and the .com.au expired, so he offered services through the .net.au. That is my reading of it.

So i'll ask again for,

"successful sites on a .com.au facing traffic loss due to someone later developing a .net.au, I have never heard of this actually happening and challenge people to provide an actual example."

Rhythm

Top Contributor
I've never heard of successful sites on a .net.au facing traffic loss due to someone later developing a .com.au, I have never heard of this actually happening and challenge people to provide an actual example.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member