What's new

NBN Petition

Oz.

Top Contributor
I've been harping on about this on my FB (as some of you already know) for sometime now and have been meaning to post this here - for those that want the real NBN, rather than the Coalition's version of the NBN.

I am not making this into a political post, but rather sharing the link to the petition for those who are interested, and have not already signed it.

Link here:
NBN Petition

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks OZ, i've also sent the link to someone i know in parliament house ( in opposition ) who will definately spread the word.

tim

Reactions: Oz.

dave

I am not making this into a political post, but rather sharing the link to the petition for those who are interested, and have not already signed it.
How can it not be a political post?

I think the coalition's plan is a much more viable solution. Get faster Internet out to everybody more quickly with less burden on the taxpayer.

findtim

Top Contributor
How can it not be a political post?

I think the coalition's plan is a much more viable solution. Get faster Internet out to everybody more quickly with less burden on the taxpayer.

but isn't the weakest link the "weakest link" ?

am I wrong or is it like driving from Melbourne to Sydney at 110klm and then hitting peakhour?

if they said "ok this is our stage ONE" plan, then we will go to "stage TWO" in X years time and fix the last bit , I could handle that.

or am I totally misinformed like most australians?

tim

Oz.

Top Contributor
It is not a political post in the sense that I am sharing my preference for NBN solution (it doesn't suggest my political point of view - after all it is only ONE of many policies) and if anybody else shares the NBN preference I am inviting them to speak up and be heard (sign the petition), if they don't share the preference then no problem.

I think that everyone would love fibre to the home. It is like saying who prefers to a Ferrari over a Commodore, of course everyone will say Ferrari.

The issue we have is that fibre to the home is unaffordable and on the current schedule will take decades to roll out in brownfields areas. I am not interested in waiting 10 years to get NBN.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor

James

Top Contributor
Whilst I agree Fiber would be good, in reality the cost is too much. It is hard to compare Australia with parts of Europe and Asia as business/community is so far apart.

My biggest point is, what is going to be around in 10-15 years, their are many new technologies coming out. Why not invest in WIFI? Why not invest in Mobile Speeds? If you have been to Europe a few times you notice fast free WIFI EVERYWHERE, in Australia it is no where. Sure run fiber to hubs and pump out the WIFI.

Sure internet is important to me because my work is based off it, the issue is I would rather the economy to be in a good state and not in billions on billions of debt.

Further to that at the moment I have Telstra Cable extra at the moment, I have tested NBN it is not even that much faster.

Hey blue wren

While that info graphic looks great the authors have quite deliberately not shown both sides of the story, and the costs of the fttn are inflated. Also there will be fttp in Greenfields which is not mentioned.

I personally would have preferred to see broadband left to the private sector, with the exception of remote / regional communities.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member