1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

NAB acquires nab.com

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by Shane, Sep 27, 2017.

1. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

One day the .com will resolve and then another day the .com.au will forward to it. Give it 10-20 years and it will all happen.

2. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

Maybe they will forget they bought it....and it will drop and become available! :)

3. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Upgrading to the .com is all good and well for big household names, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone smaller if their target market is Australia.

For Big W and the NAB, everyone knows that they're Australian. But say for my company Trade Risk, I would never run my site on the .com as I need the trust factor that the com.au brings.

Of course I'd love to own the .com just to have it, but I'd never move my site to it. For that reason I'd probably never pay much for it either. It's just not a priority.

Scott7 and eBranding.com.au like this.
  4. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

Go Global Shane.. get the .com as well ! Good luck buddy

snoopy likes this.