What's new

My Latest Projects - comments and feedback please!

Ash

Top Contributor
Hi everyone,

I've finally started to develop my first site. It's not looking very hot at the moment but I have started to add content (3 articles and counting).

The site is called computer-games.com.au and the articles are mostly about the Nintendo 3DS at the moment.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the author from the google description, and stop my title from repeating in the search results (example pic at the bottom of this post)?

Any small SEO tips you can give me would be very much appreciated too - anything I'm not doing that I should be, or something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks! Ash.

Honan

Top Contributor
Maybe you have the name twice in settings - general
There are several different ways to remove the author
The easiest way might be to instal a new free theme that has author options
Best to head on over to wordpress.org and ask in the support forums there

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Jam, I changed the code in the header. Looks to have worked just the way I wanted.

Cheers.

Ash

Top Contributor
Well, it's starting to take shape - I've created a quick logo and changed the header so it's looking less like the default template now!

Link

In terms of basic SEO, are you using an SEO plugin?

For Wordpress sites I used to use the All-In-One SEO plugin, which always worked well. Now I use the Thesis theme for Wordpress which has a lot of inbuilt SEO functionality.

You can learn a lot about the basics of SEO just by reading free stuff online.

Just after a quick check of your site, your home page title is just Computer-Games>>. Ideally you want to included your best keywords here that you want to target. Use something like the Google Keyword Tool to help you find the right keywords to target. That should get you started. Good luck!

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Link. I'm using Wordpress SEO by Yoast.

Definitely going to invest in either Thesis or Genesis - after reading a few comparison articles apparently Genesis is even better equipped for SEO but lacks a little in the design flexibility whereas Thesis is more flexible with the design options.

Thanks for the pointer on the title - i'm slowly getting my head around the theory side of SEO now it's just time to master the technical side of putting it in to practice. Lots to learn but it's made a lot easier with helpful posts like yours and others who have helped me.

Cheers. Ash.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member