What's new

My Domains Will Never Sell!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Have found with regards to reg fee domains most end up being worthless. Of those I've registered over the last couple of years I'd say the drop rate is 80-90%. This is not random stuff either, huge amount of research done on each name. At the end of the day sales and parking covered about 60% of reg fees in the first year. That was using Godaddy coupons as well.

Sometimes it is worse to get a couple of sales than no sales at all because the "couple of sales" can result in you renewing domains that might generate sales but does not return a profit. Over time that can result in someone losing a lot of money.

Drops/aftermarket purchases is a much easier game but around 30% of purchases will still result in a loss from my experience. Failing is absolutely part of the game.

chris

Top Contributor
Good article @neddy

Letting go is easier said than done!

Sometimes it is worse to get a couple of sales than no sales at all because the "couple of sales" can result in you renewing domains that might generate sales but does not return a profit. Over time that can result in someone losing a lot of money.

Well said @snoopy - the edge cases can also result in a false sense of security.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member