What's new

Monthly Parking Revenues

How much revenue do your domains generate purely from parking?

• $0 - $30

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • $30 - $100

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • $100 - $300

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • $300 - $1000

• $1000 - $3000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $3000 - $10000

• $10000+

• Total voters

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I know monthly parking earnings are not often spoken about, but in one of the other topics I was asked how much parking revenue one of my domains earned, and I responded with something to the effect of I didn't know because I didn't individually track domains and that I didn't even have all my domains parked because I didn't think parking domains made much money (I generally opt to develop)...

Anyway that got me thinking, I know I'm chatting on a domaining forum, but I guess I don't act like a domainer much, so I wondering what sort of money everyone is making purely from parking domains...

The votes are private - if you want to make your vote public feel free to respond and maybe mention who you park your domains with and any other details you want to provide that may help people with their parking revenues.

I voted $30 - $100, but I normally only make between $70 - $120 a month from parking, but my revenues have recently fallen a bit in the last couple of weeks because I have taken a few domains out of parking and started developing them.

As for where I park my domains - I have taken the easy option - Google AdSense.

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
As for adsense ............ i cant figure out how they denied 6462/com ? or sensorgames/com

In the end i got frustrated and went over to bodis

nina

Top Contributor
OK it's official - I want tips from that person who gets 3k > 10k per month from monetising their domains.. Come out Come out.. where ever you are!!

:)

Nina

coreyg

Top Contributor
parking revenue has dropped in the last 3-5 years and is now at the bottom of the cliff.

Cheers
Corey

snoopy

Top Contributor
OK it's official - I want tips from that person who gets 3k > 10k per month from monetising their domains.. Come out Come out.. where ever you are!!

Nina

Wasn't me, but either buy high quality popular keyword .com's (10-30 years or so multiples) or buy typos (low multiple, probably 18months-2 years revenue).

Shane

Top Contributor

Nina
There's a huge difference between the revenue you can generate from monetising (which you mentioned) and parking (which the original post was referring to).

In terms of parking, it's really nothing more than having very high quality keyword .coms that people are likely to type in. There's not much else to it!

Monetising is a whole different kettle of fish, as then you're talking about developing domains rather than just parking them.

There are loads of people on DNtrade who'll be making $3-$10k a month from monetising (myself included) but not many who'll be doing it from parking alone.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Such a waste to park domains. If it makes money via parking you can be assured it would make a whole lot more with a proper monetization strategy.

nina

Top Contributor
Thanks for the input guys -I have some ideas, but have had ideas in the past that were just shite, well, not shite but badly timed I guess because having better insight to directions of things in the future helps and at times having the resources to put the ideas together also is something to consider.

And how 'not perfect' does something have to be to go live..

I could have an idea up in a flash when it comes to putting up a ready to go site, but then I feel it falls flat when I can't keep the momentum and then it becomes another dead shitty site which everyone knows is there to just get clicks and sell for some stupid price.

I mean I've got ready to go sites and designs and contents and bits and pieces on alot of areas, but the time involved to really push things through to making decent money would be at the cost of building my core business.

So I guess at the end of the day while I think I can make a go of it in a fairly structured way, I don't know how to get the wheel turning enough to get that momentum.

I think that means lack of cash flow to spend the time to get it to work for me at this stage which is frustrating sometimes. I'm sure I am not alone in this!!

Nina

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Thanks for the input guys -I have some ideas, but have had ideas in the past that were just shite, well, not shite but badly timed I guess because having better insight to directions of things in the future helps and at times having the resources to put the ideas together also is something to consider.

I could have an idea up in a flash when it comes to putting up a ready to go site, but then I feel it falls flat when I can't keep the momentum and then it becomes another dead shitty site which everyone knows is there to just get clicks and sell for some stupid price.

I mean I've got ready to go sites and designs and contents and bits and pieces on alot of areas, but the time involved to really push things through to making decent money would be at the cost of building my core business.

So I guess at the end of the day while I think I can make a go of it in a fairly structured way, I don't know how to get the wheel turning enough to get that momentum.

I think that means lack of cash flow to spend the time to get it to work for me at this stage which is frustrating sometimes. I'm sure I am not alone in this!!

Nina

I did try a few 'mini sites' and added plenty of original text but it didn't seem to matter or add up to success. I truly think near enough will not do it these days

However i truly think you need a good name before you try so it's always handy to have the names ready to go and if they sell before you get to the project and your happy with the price you are both ... domainer and developer

snoopy

Top Contributor
Such a waste to park domains. If it makes money via parking you can be assured it would make a whole lot more with a proper monetization strategy.

Don't think so personally (unless the name makes nothing parked anyway). If it were true all those parked domains would be in the hands of developers. Development is high risk, hard work.

snoopy

Top Contributor

Nina

My suggestion would be to focus on the core business or set up one other core business. Don't worry about spending time on a whole lot of MFA style style sites, it is a short term strategy and not a good use of time in my view. If it is ad supported and reliant free traffic from Google then I'd be thinking again.

Generally in the past I have put up sites in almost any state. It will provide motivation to get it all running well and will probably only be of benefit no matter how bad the first site is.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member