What's new

modelandfashion.com - be brutal

orange

Hi All

just registered www.modelandfashion.com was surprised it was available as single words model and fashion might require some real $$$

Any thought as to a value? word wise I mean, if I get no answers I will just take it that its barely worth the $11 to register for a year. (bit less than I lost on tigers/bulldogs game hehe)

I have added some quick content, just for practice, if you see any problems/security threats PM me so everyone don't see them. :D

Thanks
Paul

johno69

Top Contributor
Any thought as to a value? word wise I mean, if I get no answers I will just take it that its barely worth the $11 to register for a year.

It just doesn't sound right. So i don't think it's worth the $11. Can't remember paying that much for a hand reg .com in a while either.

I have added some quick content, just for practice, if you see any problems/security threats PM me so everyone don't see them. :D

You have some wicked side scroll even on a 30" monitor.

orange

All those worried about the price i said in my first post, sorry i was thinking .au they cost me a bit more.

I will add content to it for a year or two and see what happens, I give it just under $10 value ATM :D

thanks
Paul

~james~

I think this domain name hadn't been registered yet for a reason... But regardless, great work for putting a website up. I am always guilty of buying/registering domain names but never building the websites.

Now that you have a website, who knows, someone may contact you wanting to buy it, and if they offer more than $11, you're in profit territory!

~james~

Only if your time is worth $0.

Yes there is an opportunity cost for time spent building a website but I think Paul is still experimenting with what works and what doesn't.

I don't think Paul is running a domaining business yet, so I'd say it's a hobby and he's still learning (correct me if I'm wrong Paul), and generally you don't keep time sheets and work out a cost for the number of hours you go fishing or ride a bicycle hence I didn't mention the value of time in my post.

Should he continue to grow his domain/website portfolio and wants to turn it into an income source, well then yes, he should value his time and take that into account when working out total cost for each project.

orange

Yes there is an opportunity cost for time spent building a website but I think Paul is still experimenting with what works and what doesn't.

I don't think Paul is running a domaining business yet, so I'd say it's a hobby and he's still learning (correct me if I'm wrong Paul), and generally you don't keep time sheets and work out a cost for the number of hours you go fishing or ride a bicycle hence I didn't mention the value of time in my post.

Should he continue to grow his domain/website portfolio and wants to turn it into an income source, well then yes, he should value his time and take that into account when working out total cost for each project.

Hi James

yes it is a hobby and probably will never get past the hobby stage

but it is fun to see your dot com get high matches in Google even if that = $0 right now.

I am learning a lot from most who reply to my domain ideas, but from some they just offer the worth nothing, never will be worth anything and never was worth anything reply :)

so thank you for your time
cheers
Paul

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Hi James

yes it is a hobby and probably will never get past the hobby stage

but it is fun to see your dot com get high matches in Google even if that = $0 right now.

I am learning a lot from most who reply to my domain ideas, but from some they just offer the worth nothing, never will be worth anything and never was worth anything reply :)

so thank you for your time
cheers
Paul

Hi Paul

Keep at it Paul because over time you will learn more, get better, and do things correctly.

Some of the members here are 'seasoned veterans' and will state their mind very clearly. You have to 'grow a set' to take the honest opinions they give. Sure, no one likes being told what they're doing is worth $0, but that is first hand, years of experience talking. (Think of it like an adult and a toddler communicating. The adult has experienced before what the toddler is experiencing for the first time. The adult may dismiss the toddlers experienced as not such a big deal and move on; but the toddler finds it fascinating.) Bad analogy sorry.

Anyway keep at and learn more and you'll soon be the one giving the advice.

All the best.
:D

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics