What's new

MobileCellPhones.com.au - On DROP's tmw

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi,

Im bemused. This domain in my Google Keyword Tool shows 74k exacts, yet another person's I know is showing ZERO with MobileCellPhone (singular having only 5)

On drop.com.au it's showing this domain to have 60,500 as well.

Who is right?

Surely in Australia noone uses the word cell?

Oz.

Top Contributor
yeah, I found that search volume a bit hard to believe.
Either:
  • mobile phones (Brit/Aus)
  • cell phones (US)
Never heard them combined: mobile cell phones. But, ehh, maybe that's just me.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
the other day my account said 170 exact for 'silver bullion' whilst DROP showed 12,100.. tried logging in and out, downloaded the CSV etc but wouldnt budge.

Looked at it again today and it says 12k :confused:

I get 74k aswell Shaun

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Hi,

Im bemused. This domain in my Google Keyword Tool shows 74k exacts, yet another person's I know is showing ZERO with MobileCellPhone (singular having only 5)

On drop.com.au it's showing this domain to have 60,500 as well.

Who is right?

Surely in Australia noone uses the word cell?

Hi Shaun, Oz,

The keyword phrase struck me as odd too.

The new Google keyword external tool shows Australian exact monthly searches of 74000 (a monthly average) and May 2010 searches of 60500.

468,000 exact match results for Google SERPS - pages from Australia

If in doubt, go with your gut...

Cheers

Andrew

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
BTW - the Drop search and bid data is collected over time and may not always reflect the most recent data. As always, we do recommend that you conduct your own research.

Shaun

Top Contributor
Andrew,

I think it's great you guys put that info up, gives us all a heads up on what we can target.

It's just got me beat how Google could possibly be so wrong.

I mean the other day it showed Turbo Cars having 74k exacts as well.

Odd.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Hi Shawn,

There is something strange going on with this particular search. We can see different results.

Right now, [Mobile Cell Phones] is at 60,500 Exact with [Mobile Cell Phone] showing as 91 Exact.

Its just like Melbournes weather. :cool:

Link

That is pretty strange.

I have always seen the Google keyword tool as being a reliable measure - not exact, but I expect it to be close to the mark. (Unlike the old Yahoo keyword search tool which always seemed to be pot-luck!) And in many cases the Google keyword tool helps form the value we assign to domains. It's disconcerting to see a major error like this one as I now wonder how many minor errors are out there.

Small differences in the keyword tool results can sometimes make a big valuation difference to a domain.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member