What's new

mirandakerr.com.au

James

Top Contributor
I think for any one who has done business with Pacific Octane and knows James personally you know that he did purchase the said domain in good faith.

It was not a case of cyber squatting at all, I have worked on several charity campaigns (example)with James Wester in the past and also had many meetings with him so I know he is a good guy to work with.

I do not feel that the media has put a good spin on this at all and has not taken the good context from the story they have only taken the bad.

Shane

Top Contributor
I read the original article in the Courier Mail and didn't think too much of it. I can't believe how it's blown up, and I think it's totally unfair on James.

I haven't had much to do with James, but we have exchanged a few emails and he seems like a good bloke. By all accounts he did try to transfer the name at no cost, so I don't see what all the fuss is about. It would be nice if MK's people would come out and corroborate the story, but I guess they have no reason to do so.

The stupid media will take any chance to shoot someone down, and unfortunately, going by the comments on the SMH website, the general public are keen to lap it up and stick the boot in too.

neddy

Top Contributor
.....and knows James personally you know that he did purchase the said domain in good faith.

I do not feel that the media has put a good spin on this at all and has not taken the good context from the story they have only taken the bad.

James, I agree with you with regards the intent - and the media spin.

And as to how it got into the media, well that's probably another story.

But what I've been trying to get across is that if you contravene auDA's rules - whether innocently or otherwise - then you are asking for trouble.

In simple terms, auDA "got him" because he did not have a "close and substantial" connection to the domain name - and it was "brought to their attention". They are a complaints based organisation.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member