1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-site development - Pro

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by neddy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jam

jam Membership: Trader

Yes, I do many mini sites, but there is a difference between the mini sites I produce and the ones you produce.

I don't confuse pretty with effective, but when making something more visually appealing makes it more effective, I don't see why anyone wouldn't do it.

I know something good looking will always grab my attention, get me interested, and increase conversions more then something not as attractive.

2. paz

paz Member

Price :)

Minisites are to earn money and get clicks, not to inform people of anything. Well thats how I make mine, as thats what clients want...some income from their domains.

3. jam

Hence why i say mine are not typical minisites.

Most people (and paz) make them to make more cash then parking, and to get clicks. and you want to do it a quickly and cheaply as possible with the best results for minimum effort. (I also do this for many of my domains, they look nasty)

I create my "pretty mini sites" for the same reason, but I don't create site so I can profit more from a domain purchase, most of mine are to get leads, or for seo purposes for clients. Or to direct them to a larger site of mine.

The end goals are different.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Membership: Community

Hey Jam,

Can we see a couple of your minisites?

5. jam

6. marketingweb

marketingweb Membership: Community

My apologies I meant debitcard.com.au not debitcards (singular not plural). You are right, the plural is a pretty poor site, I just got the address wrong.

Just for the record djuqa I have NOTHING against the concept of mini-sites, I think it's a great concept. My origional question was why so many of them have a 'same same" look, being really narrow, no attempt at any sort of logo etc, and if this is on purpose basically. I think this has been answered pretty well to the extent -there are different opinions on this!

Matt
    Marketing Web

www.barcourses.com.au

7. hadhad

hadhad Membership: Community

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. djuqa

djuqa Membership: Trader

9. djuqa

10. marketingweb

marketingweb Membership: Community

Hi Djuga,

Had a look at your new sites, must say i like the look of these a lot more than some of the other ones you have mentioned - i think the cigar one looks quite nice without going over the time and becoming time consuming.

I had one question on the "Trueblu" webite - why do the articles read like they have been written by someone for whom English is a second language AND who has never actually been to Australia? Being we live in Australia, I would think it would not be too hard to get access to some random content about Australia?

MANY APOLOGIES if I am wrong with this and you wrote them yourself, but they more read like work out of "content mills" common in places like India and Eastern Europe. Not a lot wrong with using this sort of content in the right situation, but seems a little odd for an Australian focused site!

Matt
    Marketing Web

11. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Don't believe everything you read on the www.

Having multiple authors may just be for effect.

12. djuqa

The SOURCE of each and every article is listed at the bottom

Thanks for comments about the cuban cigar site