What's new

Mike here from Adelaide

shags38

Top Contributor
G'day all,

Mike is the name (Shags is a nickname from many years back that just won't go away) and I am in Adelaide.

I only started domaining about 3 months ago -I am 56 and out of work since May 2009 - as an avenue to try to earn an income.

Of course I thought "hey how easy is this, use some creativity, spend a few bucks and make a motza". Well I have done 2 out of 3 - the creativity is reasonable and I have spent a motza - just not getting the earning bit to work yet :)

So I have learned a few hard lessons already and no doubt will have to stumble a few more times before I can run.

I reckon I'm here so I can learn how to run.

I currently have just over 1,800 domains .com and .com.au (approx 70/30 split). 99% of them are my "creations" and are 3D focused. I think I am about 18 months ahead of the market demand :).

I wiil follow the rules of this forum (just like I do in other forums),well kinda, sometimes, maybe :D At the end of the day I am a budding mature entrepreneur and am enthused about what I am doing so I want to tell everyone about my business, and I want to make some money.

I have a few sites up and running at present (only been up 2 weeks) and will from time to time give them a plug (is that ok?) - I kinda figure that networking is part and parcel of success is any business, and I expect that all members in here are in business to some degree right?

I figure if there are 100 active members and each of them visits each of my sites (spending some time navigating so the crawlers know you are fair dinkum :)) and each of you have say 10 friends whom you have told about my sites then that is 1000 visits, now if each of your 10 friends has 10 friends etc etc etc - you know the drill.

Anyway as I said earlier I am here to learn how to stop stumbling and start running so I look forward to getting some good advice and insight from this forum. I know a few here but not many. I look forward to getting to one of the domainers gatherings one day to meet some of you personally.

So I am here now and like a drovers dog '(.com.au ?) I am gunna hang around.

cheers all,
Mike O'Shannessy

here it comes - lol
www.3d3d.com.au

Last edited:

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi Mike,
Welcome mate to the family, nice to know I'm now not the oldest on this forum at 50. Had a look at the site and told 10 friends to tell 10 friends :D.

Cheers
Don

Oz.

Top Contributor
Welcome to the wacky world of domaining Mike!
You got a sheeeeet load of domains for somebody who has only been domaining for 3 months. :) More than me, and I've been (or thought I'd been) domaining for yeeears.

shags38

Top Contributor
Thanks for the welcome people - nice to be welcomed (should be in the first sentence of every website - will go back now and re-do my home pages - :)

cheers, Mike

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Mike,

Nice intro & great enthusiasm. Great job with the reg's too - well worth a bit of a gamble on the 3D domains and I hope it pays off for you (and me!)

Welcome to DNtrade!!

David

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Welcome Mike (Shags),

I won't ask how you got that nickname :p

Good luck domaining and don't hesitate to ask questions, both publicly on this forum or even via the Private Message function. The more informed our market participants are the better for the industry in general.

Best Regards,
George

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads