What's new

Melbourne Drinks Night

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm booked in, should be fun
i have a busy day wednesday so won't be staying to late. 9pm?
tim

Honan

Top Contributor
Once again the domain industry sponsors choose a venue that is not suitable for the disabled.
Will this ever change?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Well you have johno69 saying he might fly down so to change it now may be a problem for him, I will check back tomorrow to see what is actually happening, seems a few have said they are going, not all of these are big?

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm in, what time suits everyone.
i'm going to show up either way, i need to get out of the house :) i've been locked up to long LOL
you know me........... i'll find my own party !
tim

Honan

Top Contributor
Honan, can you suggest a couple of venues ?
Hi Erhan,
I am grateful for your question.
I may not be available tonight, so I will not suggest a couple.
I will say that the vast majority of after dark venues in Melbourne and ALL new venues, like on both sides of the Yarra and down the laneways in the CBD, have disabled access.
Maybe just ask a hipster where is the newest venue?
A search on the word "disabled" at the Melbourne City Council owned site, thatsmelbourne.com.au under the food and drink tab reveals 75 listings.
One listing alone is for 45 pubs with disabled access.
I am intrigued by the new Whisky bar in driver lane next to the old GPO
It says disabled access and that it is downstairs, which seems to be a tautology.

Hi Erhan,
I am grateful for your question.
I may not be available tonight, so I will not suggest a couple.
I will say that the vast majority of after dark venues in Melbourne and ALL new venues, like on both sides of the Yarra and down the laneways in the CBD, have disabled access.
Maybe just ask a hipster where is the newest venue?
A search on the word "disabled" at the Melbourne City Council owned site, thatsmelbourne.com.au under the food and drink tab reveals 75 listings.
One listing alone is for 45 pubs with disabled access.
I am intrigued by the new Whisky bar in driver lane next to the old GPO
It says disabled access and that it is downstairs, which seems to be a tautology.
Honan how about you pick the venue for the next function - its always good to get as many people as we can to these catch ups

findtim

Top Contributor
no its not, thats like saying a highrise or an airplane are.
good to hear so many listings, when i was living in london i hardly ever went to the same bar twice so finding new locations in melbuorne is a good idea, you never know what GEM you might strike.
sorry you can't make it tonight, lets plan for a new venue for xmas.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members