What's new

MelbIT rolls out auto renew by default

snoopy

Top Contributor
So the way I see it is even if they apply retrospectively, their upside is large, their downside is small, so their ethics will likely reflect that.

Or maybe they will email everyone offering them to "opt out" of which most will ignore, but making it a little less "dodgy".

Agree. I think they are probably making the best business decision. Maybe they should just be flexible with the people who complain about the charge on names they didn't want, (they'll likely have to be otherwise it will probably just be chargebacks).

chris

Top Contributor
Guys, let's try and keep personal differences aside. We all have a right to free speech here but lets not forget the importance of promoting harmony in the community and treating fellow members with respect. Lets get back to discussing the Melb IT news.

Off on a slight tangent, I know Melbourne IT still call some clients near expiry. I got a one a few weeks ago for a name a client has that's dropping. Strange thing is my details aren't in the whois, they used the phone number on the site to call me.

I had someone from Melbourne IT contact me a few months back, not sure if they're following this thread, it would be good to get more info on how it will work if they are.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Yes it would be interesting to a viewpoint from Melbourne IT...

Sent from my HTC One X using DNTrade mobile app

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members