What's new

Me, auDA and the PPB

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Just by way of a quick update:
I spoke to Chris Leptos late yesterday afternoon. He advised that he himself had nothing to do with the leak and that he is not aware where it came from. He said that the leaked report was quite an old draft that many people would have access to. However, he unfortunately advised me that auDA would not be investigating further.

The media story said something different to what Mr Leptos seems to be stating? Media where given the Final version as well which apparently may have come much later with more limited auDA internal access?
https://www.smh.com.au/business/com...e-spending-at-web-agency-20180416-p4z9yd.html

"The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age have obtained copies of draft and final forensic reviews prepared by advisory group PPB which allege inappropriate use of expense accounts. It is understood the material has been provided to the police."​

Who had access to it? How about auDA and PPB Advisory make a list and provide that to Police to investigate? The police can tie that into their investigations of the auDA report to police very easily and should be made aware due to it potentially showing a smear campaign which the Police will not like to be a part of using their respources!

Why no investigation when auDA refused to supply this the PPB report to members stating it was only for auDA and highly Confidential?

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Has the auDA Chair Chris Leptos also raised the concerns of the leak with his associated company PPB Advisory Board for them to do an internal investigation?
https://www.ppbadvisory.com/our-experts/chris-leptos-am/
"Chris Leptos is an independent non-executive director of the PPB Advisory Board."

Would any of their existing clients or potential clients have concerns about such a leak of a confidential PPB Advisory report and how it was leaked?

Is their reputation also potentially damaged by such a leak?

Paul you may wish to write to PPB Advisory and bring it to their attention of your concerns and also request access to the full file they have on you under Privacy law due to the leak and damages you may have suffered.

It would be interesting if their file has evidence who provided what information to PPB about you and others..

You could also go here perhaps: https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint

Last edited:

ttfan

Top Contributor
If they don't take a leak like this seriously, former directors may also be enticed to do some leaking as well...perhaps then they'll appreciate the seriousness of a leak, and how it can unfairly damage someone's reputation.

PaulS

I have not inferred that the leak is not being taken seriously. I just made a more “black and white” statement: that the auDA Board Chair has made clear he will not call for further investigation. Once again, I am disappointed with this outcome (and the leak itself) and will investigate my options regarding my privacy rights. In the meantime, the auDA Board’s communication regarding the SGM takes precedence.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I have not inferred that the leak is not being taken seriously. I just made a more “black and white” statement: that the auDA Board Chair has made clear he will not call for further investigation. Once again, I am disappointed with this outcome (and the leak itself) and will investigate my options regarding my privacy rights. In the meantime, the auDA Board’s communication regarding the SGM takes precedence.

It is highly likely the auDA Board Chair Chris Leptos saying they will not call for further action on the serious Confidential leak will increase the number of SGM votes supporting the Grumpier.com.au resolutions.

What auDA members would not want auDA to do some basic investigations at least? ... It does not look good for auDA or the Chair.

Lemon

Top Contributor
What auDA members would not want auDA to do some basic investigations at least? ... It does not look good for auDA or the Chair.
I agree. Considering the PPB report is a highly confidential document I would expect some sort of investigation into how it was leaked.
Actually finding out who leaked it may be difficult but auDA should at least investigate to ensure that procedures and practices are put in place to ensure that confidential documents remain confidential. Considering the government review recommends that auDA builds stronger relationships with security agencies you would expect them to do some internal investigation at the very least.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member