What's new

Looking For Wordpress Inspiration

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I need to order a new design from my web designer and I'm looking around the web for some inspiration. So I thought I'd ask all of you what sites you like the look of these days?

What I generally look for in a design for a wordpress site is two column, clean, simple, professional, that can be used across multiple websites yet still has a bit of a modern web 2.0 feel about it.

So have you come across anything you like the look of lately? Or do you have something in your own portfolio that you're particularly proud of?

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
I agree; a good web designer will ask about your ideas, then apply some design principles to them and together, you'll often have (semi-)perfection!

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Unfortunately I have an inspirationally challenged designer...

:D

Or maybe more importantly I'm quite picky about a design needing to incorporate good SEO and being able to achieve a good conversion rate.

Have a look at http://www.awwwards.com/ for great web designs.
All these designs look freaking awesome, however they are exactly what I don't want.

I'm a simple man when it comes to web design. I want a site that displays content well, gets lots of organic visitors from search engines and then converts them into either leads or ad clicks, but I like a design with a few subtle features that give the site a modern feel without stealing attention from the site's purpose.

Web designers and I are often at different ends of the design spectrum (they like beautiful and I like practical) and often don't get along for this reason.

sensoryfx

Top Contributor
The template Ive used for www.ezyebusiness.com is one I use for basic sites.
Its one I modified and was origonally a Rocket Theme called Solarsentinel.

blackstonetech

I am wordpress developer and designer and my experience covers customization and designing wordpress sites.

I pm you my recent work on wordpress.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members