What's new

Looking for directory theme/cms

johno69

Top Contributor
You really need to learn your then & than Tim. It totally changed the meaning of your posts.

It is an impressive directory yes. Hard to say how much it makes though.

findtim

Top Contributor
its the admin area that is the most important really, making sure it functions for the advertiser to self manage, also so it functions for you to accept payments, then you have the front end for customer.
i'd say i could get that reproduced for between $1k - $2k so your break even point would only be @ 10 listings !!!
that one "trys" to be responsive but fails.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
@Cooper Mills DomainLawyer, how are you going with Javo theme these days?
I'm really considering it as the support for Vantage hasn't changed, very bad.
There are a few issues i've found on the demo site but nothing I imagine I can't work out.

findtim

Top Contributor
nice site johno69, it looks very " AUTHORITY" which a domain name of that quality should be.
homepage has nice impact, love the map idea
green is always a hard colour to use but you have nailed it
looks like a great theme to work with

tim

Christopher

Top Contributor
Hey @johno69 love the site. I have only one page for feedback. The videos page.

I recommend to clients to create a video playlist instead of allowing YouTube to go to related videos. I even created for one client a workaround that emulates vimeo videos. To learn some cool things to do with the youtube api, check out this article I used to learn the tricks. http://bleedingthorn.com/youtube-embed-tweaks/ It goes in depth into how to change the embed code.

Also even though you decided on a listing theme. Here is another one that looks promising. https://templatic.com/app-themes/listings-directory-child-theme

ttfan

Top Contributor
Love your lawnbowl site Johno.
How did you get all the clubs listed on there? Did you add them all in yourself?

johno69

Top Contributor
How did you get all the clubs listed on there? Did you add them all in yourself?

I added some to get it started and a few clubs have added their own too.

It's a tough start as you need to have content for users to come and you need users to come for anyone to want to list.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo