What's new

Lighting.com.au $15,000

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks snoopy for bringing the mood down !

given the whole lighting industry is going through a HUGE change with LED

i think the buyer is the winner here.

tim

James

Top Contributor
I think any sale in the 15k+ range is a positive sign for the industry. It shows people are willing to invest into generic .com.au domains.

Cal

Top Contributor
I guess the other point here is that we're just talking about reported sales. Would love to be a fly on the wall to see what some of the private sales go for :)

Was wondering what do you reckon the proportion of reported vs private sales are at a guess? 50/50?

snoopy

Top Contributor
I'm still curious to know what your guess would be Snoopy? I take it you feel most of the value is reported then?

Would guess maybe 20% gets reported. Would say the same thing about any extension.

The key thing is though that the known quantity is what is reported & that is the clearest indication of what is happening.

The NDA/unreported sales argument is brought out when the sales are bad, it is used as an an excuse, usually in regards to alt TLD's, but also mainstream extensions where the figures point to a decline in prices.

findtim

Top Contributor
i can't see there being many NDA's on $50 domain sales, so the other 80% must be nicer results

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
i can't see there being many NDA's on $50 domain sales, so the other 80% must be nicer results

tim

There will be lots of low priced sales. Most people don't report sales of any size. "reported sales" is mostly sales on venues such as net fleet, afternic, sedo. Those with an incentive to report (ie promoting themselves).

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
Great price for a great domain.

Again, the power of having multiple buyers looking at the one domain name. For the record, if this sale had been conducted outside of Netfleet, it would never have been reported.

Glad to see that in this case an end user with a strong value proposition has picked up the name - but as we all know, they are the hardest ones to find.

Let's hope that this positive news builds momentum

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members