What's new

Lead Gen Disclaimer or similar

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Hi all

Just getting a Lead Gen page done on a site of mine and I must admit, I'm a bit green with this.

What is required, or what should I reveal to the potential lead, that I'm not the entity that the end deal will be completed with?

In other words; should I have a small disclaimer/paragraph stating that my entity is not the entity the deal will be done with, and I'm just a 'middle man'?

Any thoughts and insights would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

aus11

Top Contributor
Would love to know what others are doing with this as well, as I'm looking at setting up my first lead gen site.

findtim

Top Contributor
hands up all those that have done this for their MFA or parked domain sites ?

probably NOBODY.

--------------

here's the script you need

"caveat emptor"

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
On my first lead gen site I created back in 2003 was for finance lead generation. I just incorporated the broker details into everything.

The about us page had:
[domain].com.au in association with [broker company name] offer XYZ products and great customer service.

Then on the privacy page:
[domain].com.au/[broker company name] collects from you personal information about you, for the purposes of...

I even went as far as having the privacy policy primarily about the broker because it was really them doing all the leg work.

I can PM you a link if you like, I ended up selling the site to the broker and they ironically "Broke" it within a month or them letting their "Web guy" onto it. It remains broken to this day 7 years later (after the sale).

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
On my first lead gen site I created back in 2003 was for finance lead generation. I just incorporated the broker details into everything.

The about us page had:

Then on the privacy page:

I even went as far as having the privacy policy primarily about the broker because it was really them doing all the leg work.

I can PM you a link if you like, I ended up selling the site to the broker and they ironically "Broke" it within a month or them letting their "Web guy" onto it. It remains broken to this day 7 years later (after the sale).

That would be awesome... Thank you.

Shane

Top Contributor
If it's a finance or insurance related site there is certain information that will have to go into your terms and conditions to ensure you meet ASIC's referrer exemption requirements.

My feeling is, regardless of whether it's finance related or otherwise, it's better to be upfront with people in terms of how the site operates and who is responsible for the service.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member