What's new

Latitude.com.au - Big Win For NetFleet

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Today looks like the first BIG windfall for NetFleet's new system - Latitude sold for $4269 when it only reached $598 on Drop!

This was obviously a domain that the buyer "couldn't afford to lose" and was obviously "willing to pay handsomely for it" but when your business name is "Latitude Group Pty Ltd" you can understand why.

I originally thought that premium domains might under perform in this auction format, but I'm starting to think there is a lot more upside potential when it comes to premium domains.

Very interesting times!

Makes me wish I could send a few domains to the AMA on this new system. Any news on that front?

;)

Ashman

Top Contributor
Makes me wish I could send a few domains to the AMA on this new system. Any news on that front?

;)

I doubt that business model is profitable enough for Netfleet. I don't think NF want their customers exposed to AMA domain names that compete with the expiring names that make 100% profit compared to the 8% profit on the AMA domains.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Historically not unusual for Netfleet to get higher bids than Drop. People have been talking about snagging a bargain at drop for sometime..

findtim

Top Contributor
I bet they were gunning for drop to catch it ! if they even new drop existed at all?

Ashman is right in why waste your time on an AMA at 8%, looks like its never coming back which leaves an opening for you ChrisC, start an AMA business.

I wonder how latitude pty ltd are feeling right now? on one side they may see $598 on the other they see $4269. :eek:

and remember this is a drop not a negotiation between 2 parties.

tim

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I doubt that business model is profitable enough for Netfleet. I don't think NF want their customers exposed to AMA domain names that compete with the expiring names that make 100% profit compared to the 8% profit on the AMA domains.
I see it as an add on to their operation, so the variable costs of having an AMA would be neglible.

Also I did the numbers on the AMA vs Snapper and whilst at first it might seem like a no brainer wit the 100% return from Snapper vs 8% return from AMA but from memory when I did the numbers awhile ago the average price an AMA domain went for was like 3 or 5 times higher that of a Snapper domain...

Of course the volume of AMA hasn't been as consistent in the past.

Also the quality of AMA domains is typically much higher because the quality of Snapper domains has been deteriorating slowly over time, which is to be expected.

Of course this has been largely (if not entirely) offset by the increase in price that domains have been achieving of late.

However this won't always be the trend so having the AMA offers NetFleet a good amount of diversity to their business.

Then there are the intangible benefits of having an AMA - it offers liquidity to the market. This reduces the risk of investing in domains.

Lower risk for investors = higher prices willing to be paid.

Historically not unusual for Netfleet to get higher bids than Drop. People have been talking about snagging a bargain at drop for sometime..
True - but I think that gap has narrowed a lot in the last month or two.

Ashman is right in why waste your time on an AMA at 8%, looks like its never coming back which leaves an opening for you ChrisC, start an AMA business.
Yee of little faith.

*crosses fingers*

I wonder how latitude pty ltd are feeling right now? on one side they may see $598 on the other they see $4269.
Mixed feelings I suspect.

findtim

Top Contributor
we seem to have moved from one existing thread to a new one but the same subject matter now evolving.

tim

plano

I wonder how latitude pty ltd are feeling right now? on one side they may see $598 on the other they see $4269. :eek:
They might be relieved they didn't pay the $8,820 BIN price.

Attachments

• latitudeBIN.jpg
    latitudeBIN.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 19

findtim

Top Contributor
They might be relieved they didn't pay the $8,820 BIN price.

ohhh comeeeee onnnnn.

HEY, I have a domain, its suckers.com.au the BIN is $100,000

actually its worth maybe $600 so you should be happy you get it for $4269

All BIN means is some ones pipe DREAM.

a BIN price has NO cred, its a wishlist for the seller and MANY other threads on DNT will tell you the same thing.

tim

plano

ohhh comeeeee onnnnn.

HEY, I have a domain, its suckers.com.au the BIN is $100,000

actually its worth maybe $600 so you should be happy you get it for $4269

All BIN means is some ones pipe DREAM.

a BIN price has NO cred, its a wishlist for the seller and MANY other threads on DNT will tell you the same thing.

tim
What makes you think the buyer reads DNT?

What makes you think the buyer knows DNT exists?

The BIN was $8,820 it wasn't $100,000.

You might be surprised to learn that there have already been domain names reserved on Netfleet with the buyer agreeing to the BIN price.

Why do you make out that it is so totally absurd to suggest that it is in the realm of possibility that the buyer might have likewise agreed to the BIN price of $8,820? Especially considering that they have demonstrated through the price they paid that the name did have substantial value to them.

One possibility is that the buyer might have even been willing to pay $8,820 but maybe got some advice from whoever tipped them off about the drop that it was almost certainly unnecessary to offer this full amount. We really don't know.

findtim

Top Contributor
What makes you think the buyer reads DNT?

I meant you not them.

Why do you make out that it is so totally absurd to suggest that it is in the realm of possibility that the buyer might have likewise agreed to the BIN price

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said it was the sellers wishlist and it has no cred to the value of a name.

We really don't know

yep

tim

plano

I meant you not them.

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said it was the sellers wishlist and it has no cred to the value of a name.

yep

tim

I am trying to understand your argument here but it's getting difficult. I put myself in the buyer's shoes and think it's quite reasonable to assume the domain name might have been worth $8,820 to the buyer.

What does this have to do with whether "I" read DNT and whether "I" know that the BIN price is nearly always way overvalued?

plano

free-dating-sites ..........$2655 ??
Sorry I am not able to play guessing games regarding what you are trying to say here but you should realise that I am aware of the BIN price of free-dating-sites.com.au as I am the one who first retained and then supplied this information in a previous post.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo