What's new

Keyword Position Checker

Alex

Top Contributor
Anybody know of a good free tool. It doesn't seem like any of the ones I am using work. :confused:

bunstar

Top Contributor
yes i use traffic travis, but i bought the pro version recently.
Great tool.
Free one is fine though, but only allows you to check up to 5 websites.

Alex

Top Contributor
Yep the free version of Traffic Travis was my next stop. I hesitated as it requires a download. Probably will start using this tomorrow.

Thank you!

Alex

Top Contributor
Na... My only internet connection unless I go to the library is off my mobile. So I try not to download anything. It gets very expensive!

dablogger

I prefer online rank checkers, because I can set it to country specific for example and also because with downloaded software there are always problems with personalized search settings and similar stuff..

helloworld

Top Contributor
Although not free, Advanced Web Ranking is quite a comprehensive ranking and website auditing tool.

They have a 30 day trial at http://www.advancedwebranking.com/download.html

downloading this now for a trial.

If anyone can give me a tool that shows correct data I will be forever in debt. Making it very hard at the moment to send reports, check rankings as needed with various tools I am using. Doing my head in actually.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Traffic Travis looks kinda cool.

IMO the best free tool is Google Webmaster Tools. It gives keyword rankings, impressions and CTRs.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Traffic Travis looks kinda cool.

IMO the best free tool is Google Webmaster Tools. It gives keyword rankings, impressions and CTRs.

Traffic travis is junk.

WMT is never close. Nfi how often they update that ish, but not often enough.

I've downloaded and trialed http://www.advancedwebranking.com/download.html as suggested by mjonezy above and I have to say this is probably the best tool I have ever used.

I am cancelling my 2 other ranking tools which combined cost $2500 per year and that is if FX rates don't change.

But yeah, awr has won me over. It is probably the only tool I will ever use again. The rankings are perfect, comp. analysis/links it is the ish.

Seriously good stuff. A+

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Hi Alex,

AWR has been around for a while and has a good reputation.

Still think people will struggle finding a great free tool, especially you want to use of for professional purposes.

A while back in the VIP section there was a VIP offer for 'Keyword Strategy Studio' by Softnik Technologies. I purchased it and it does good really good keyword rankings, along with competitor analysis. Quite good really. Anyway here is the thread: https://www.dntrade.com.au/%5Bvip%5D-benefits/7450-softnik-technologies-free-software-20%25-off-2.html

Sometimes you might pay a bit for good tools but I still think, in the long run they pay for themselves.

I'd be interested in how AWR turns out for you.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Sweet. Let me know.

Major benefit of AWR is that it is local install and with Googles update a few months back this is imperative if you want to get real rankings.

It also has the most comprehensive tools on all engines, maps, places etc.

The only downside to this software is the learning curve and the gui is not as intuative as it could be

James

Top Contributor
AWR is a good tool if you have it set up correctly with the right stand alone server and proxies.

I have been using AWR on and off since 2007ish lol.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member