What's new

Just pickup - 2fly.com.au - be1.com.au - me1.com.au

dicko1

Just picked up a couple of dropped names.
What do you guys reckon?

2fly.com.au
be1.com.au
me1.com.au

Appreciate your help
Regards

Ralph

Erwin

Top Contributor
Hi Dicko

Having a combination of letters and numbers generally isn't a good idea, the advice you're getting is rough but accurate, the people here know what they're talking about, and give the response straight off the bat. But.. Maybe you should prove them wrong and develop the names..
The best of luck.. Erwin

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Hi Dicko

Having a combination of letters and numbers generally isn't a good idea, the advice you're getting is rough but accurate, the people here know what they're talking about, and give the response straight off the bat. But.. Maybe you should prove them wrong and develop the names..
The best of luck.. Erwin

He wont be proving anyone wrong if he develops ...the question was about the domain values

findtim

Top Contributor
Hi Dicko

The best of luck.. Erwin

please don't develop them, your time, money, promotion cost, etc will be wasted. fails radio test.

if you spend $1k on them then you would be better off watching drops every day and bidding on something that is worth $1000.

time and time again we have all said, if you want to develop a website then buy the domain that you want to be YOUR JOB, if you loveeee building, if you love selling boats, if you love cake decorating ........... ??? then but THAT domain.

these are the lessons i have learnt.

its not a secret that i love wedding domains as i have been in the industry for over 25 years, helena loves florist domains for the same reason, we wake up every morning and love coming to our work, but i also love learning about other peoples businesses, from bolts to politicians, soooooooooo my point is
START with something you love.

decide whether you are in the buy/monitorise market or the buy/dev market.

i think if you had contacted any of us we would have all said " do not waste your money"

tim

dicko1

Thanks Guys and yes I fully understand about numbers. However, I purchased these 3 short domains for reg fee $25 each and in time someone like a Flying school will give me maybe $600 to $1000 for 2fly.com.au and be1 & me1.com.au some minority group like the Labour party or gay group will give me maybe $500. I call this a good investment on my money!

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Thanks Guys and yes I fully understand about numbers. However, I purchased these 3 short domains for reg fee $25 each and in time someone like a Flying school will give me maybe $600 to $1000 for 2fly.com.au and be1 & me1.com.au some minority group like the Labour party or gay group will give me maybe $500. I call this a good investment on my money!

You're talking like the money is as good as in the bank. Chances are high these won't sell in the next two years, which means another $75 to renew them.

Do you have a successful record of similar sales? If you don't, then it's just your hopes and dreams, not a judgement based on reality. The people with a history of successfully selling domains are telling you that these are not worth anything and are highly unlikely to sell.

Also, you have not invested your money, you have speculated. There is no liquid value to these domains and there is very little chance of a return.

snoopy

Top Contributor

I don't think anyone has ever registered a domain thinking they will lose money on it. Sometimes better to listen than talk.

How is the Labour party a minority group?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

Or they can stick with their own brands that everyone knows

petermeadit

Top Contributor

If they had a business called '2fly' they might be interested in this domain name?
Have you tried to use Google to find potential buyers with a related business name?

snoopy

Top Contributor
If they had a business called '2fly' they might be interested in this domain name?
Have you tried to use Google to find potential buyers with a related business name?

That is really the crux of it "How many Australian businesses are called "2 Fly".

Without that it is just hoping that some will want to name that business this in the future, and want to buy the name, and be willing to pay a premium. Very low odds of all three occurring.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo