What's new

JUST .nz

findtim

Top Contributor
makes me wonder why auda had a $1 .net.au sale !!!!!

What about expired and caught domain names.

I have a couple of nice .co.nz's I picked up on the drops, if these are classed as new rego's then the .net.nz might trump me.

yes, johno that is a very good point especially if you are holding something like "creditcards..."

tim

Shane

Top Contributor

I have a couple of nice .co.nz's I picked up on the drops, if these are classed as new rego's then the .net.nz might trump me.

Presumably they'll be classed as new registrations.

Horshack

Top Contributor
Like others here I have a few .co.nz domains and this is the first that I've heard about .nz also. I'll be interested to see the how the conflicts are handled. It looks like it's only a matter of time before we see .au.

Shane

Top Contributor
Like others here I have a few .co.nz domains and this is the first that I've heard about .nz also. I'll be interested to see the how the conflicts are handled. It looks like it's only a matter of time before we see .au.

It's up to the conflicted parties to come to an agreement. If there is no agreement, then the name will never be released until one party lets their domain expire.

This is an interesting method, and if nothing else at least it stops the person with the biggest budget being the automatic winner.

findtim

Top Contributor
conflict resolution: "ohh no mate.... you have it" " na na you have it , its ok " " don't be silly YOU have it, i'll just close my business that i built on the .co.nz over the last 10 years before you came along and reg'd the maori.nz" " you sure" "yeh" " ohh thanks mate, can i buy you .co.nz because you are going to shut down" "NO, just have that as well :) " "really" " yeh, if you're gonna screw me you might as well do it properly"

"thanks mate"

elbranch

Top Contributor
Thanks for this thread Tim about an important ongoing issue for some people.

.UK is also mentioned in this thread should we have another thread for .UK? Does anyone have an interest in .UK domains and the changes coming in that area?

findtim

Top Contributor
Thanks for this thread Tim about an important ongoing issue for some people.

.UK is also mentioned in this thread should we have another thread for .UK? Does anyone have an interest in .UK domains and the changes coming in that area?

uk: just start one, its FREE !

starting threads is GOOD, they either DIE or end up being 333 pages long, but who cares as that whats forums are for.

protection of anyones present assets in the domain name space will always attract attention IMO.

tim

jamesau

If the reg date in WHOIS shows as after 11 Feb 2014 then I suspect you will be out of luck unfortunately. Just did a bit of research as I was thinking you could go out now and pick up a bunch of .net.nz drops to compete.

As an aside: IIRC the .uk will give preference to the .co.uk holder in all situations, which makes a lot more sense.

findtim

Top Contributor
As an aside: IIRC the .uk will give preference to the .co.uk holder in all situations, which makes a lot more sense.

did you discover if that included dropped domains.

If the reg date in WHOIS shows as after 11 Feb 2014 then I suspect you will be out of luck unfortunately.

has anyone seen a change in NZ drops, i would suspect you'd want to do more research before buying a "training.co.nz "

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members