What's new

Just bought - plentyoffish

abhi

Hi Guys,

Just bought www.plentyoffish.net.au

GAKT is 256000 exact

What would you guys value this domain at?

Wait to hear from you guys :)

aus11

Top Contributor
"POF, PLENTYOFFISH, and PLENTY OF FISH are registered trademarks of Plentyoffish Media Inc."

Found that on the bottom of their website. I'd say that since they own PlentyOfFish.com.au that they most likely have an Australian trademark as well. which is probably why it hasn't been registered.

neddy

Top Contributor
"POF, PLENTYOFFISH, and PLENTY OF FISH are registered trademarks of Plentyoffish Media Inc."

Found that on the bottom of their website. I'd say that since they own PlentyOfFish.com.au that they most likely have an Australian trademark as well. which is probably why it hasn't been registered.

You beat me to it Tom. They do have TM's.

Abhi, you are looking for trouble imho. Drop it now would be my advice.

$0 value imo.

DamianLondon

Top Contributor
Agre with Neddy here. If you wand AuDa to come knocking on your door, along with the crew at POF then fine, but suggest you Drop this as fast as you can.

James

Top Contributor
Too much of a big brand to risk buying this. Plenty of Fish is a well known brand.

The only case where I would even consider taking a similar strategy to a big brands is where a big brand buys a GENERIC domain i.e: Microsoft buys "Money.com" for a money social site then you think wow I will buy "Money.com.au" ect.

abhi

Spoke to Crazy Domains and they have advised if it is trademark then it should not be for sale. I have been told plenty of fish will have go throuh AuD and Aud will notify crazy domains about the trademark. Then it is crazy domains will notify and remove the listing. Not sure about the timeframe here but thier trademark is for dating site.
I can setup a fishing forum and register that as my trademark. Will cost about $800 which is not a lot considering amount of traffic.
Any thoughts?

Ash

Top Contributor
Do you think people are searching for a fishing site when they type 'plenty of fish'?

The saying 'Plenty of fish in the sea' is an idiom for there's plenty of other opportunities available, often in reference to dating opportunities.

I don't think people take it at it's literal meaning of there actually being plenty of fish in the sea; also take into consideration that a lot of those searches are 'branded' searches so I don't think it would be worth your trouble to try and develop it as a fishing site.

My thoughts are, there are plenty of other fish in the sea so I would throw this one back and look for something that's not going to be a trademark headache for you.

neddy

Top Contributor
Given the previous thread, I'm offering 50:1 OP argues it can be turned into a rec.fishing website.

:D

Spoke to Crazy Domains and they have advised if it is trademark then it should not be for sale. I have been told plenty of fish will have go throuh AuD and Aud will notify crazy domains about the trademark. Then it is crazy domains will notify and remove the listing. Not sure about the timeframe here but thier trademark is for dating site.
I can setup a fishing forum and register that as my trademark. Will cost about $800 which is not a lot considering amount of traffic.
Any thoughts?

Abhi, people on here with lots of experience are simply trying to help you. There is a reason this domain with lots of search hasn't been registered previously.

Why prepare to put yourself through the minefields that lie ahead? Do you seriously want auDA to do an audit of all your domains? Believe me, it has happened.

If you do nothing else, please read this thread: http://www.dntrade.com.au/power-auda-t1524.html?p=8800#post8800

My advice is cancel the registration tomorrow - put it into "Client Delete".

I called it first.

:D

abhi

you guys are right, not worth the trouble

I have drooped off the domain name and it is back on the market :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo