What's new

Jobs.net.au dropping today

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Amazing to see that Jobs.net.au is in the expired auction today.

In this thread from 2008 http://www.dntrade.com.au/domain-sales-list-2008-t118p3.html Jobs.net.au was reported as having sold via a private sale for $4500.

Why on earth would anyone let this drop?

This has to be one of the highest value .net.au's I've seen in a long while. It will be interesting to see what it goes for today.

Cheers

Andrew

Max

Top Contributor
netfleet
Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Quote"
//Remember that jobs.com.au sold for 'more than $200,000' (to the Boomerang guys) according to the best industry guesses. Of course this was last year & before the relaxation of the sale regulations so exact price paid was kept under wraps.

But if it were $200K, does this sale indicated we should take the net.au to be equivalent to 1/50th of the com.au equivalent? that's pretty damn weak... //

http://www.dntrade.com.au/domain-sales-list-2008-t118p4.html

Honan

Top Contributor
Amazing to see that Jobs.net.au is in the expired auction today.

In this thread from 2008 http://www.dntrade.com.au/domain-sales-list-2008-t118p3.html Jobs.net.au was reported as having sold via a private sale for $4500.

Why on earth would anyone let this drop?

This has to be one of the highest value .net.au's I've seen in a long while. It will be interesting to see what it goes for today.

Cheers

Andrew
It appears easy to find the owner if you really want to know why anyone would let this drop
My guess is that someone bought it, paid for it, transferred registrar and did not ever process a COR because of the expense or because of incorrect advice
So the renewals went to the old owner who ignored them along with renewals for other domains that had expired or transferred

Timmy

Banned
WebDesign.net.au went for $10k too in '09 sales list on front page of dntrade front page.

I like where .net.au sales are headed... This is obviously a massive volume and profitable term so probably not an ideal indicator of an entire extension, but with so many .net.au's still available for reg fee, I'm becoming increasingly fond of them.

Shaun

Top Contributor
I'm still yet to see .net.au's rank well...

But we have had this conversation before....

snoopy

Top Contributor
netfleet
Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Quote"
//Remember that jobs.com.au sold for 'more than $200,000' (to the Boomerang guys) according to the best industry guesses. Of course this was last year & before the relaxation of the sale regulations so exact price paid was kept under wraps.

But if it were $200K, does this sale indicated we should take the net.au to be equivalent to 1/50th of the com.au equivalent? that's pretty damn weak... //

http://www.dntrade.com.au/domain-sales-list-2008-t118p4.html

I thought jobs.com.au was report as selling for much more than that, 600k or something like that?.

Personally I thought $5000 was roughly right for the .net.au. (personally I think the extension is junky). One of the very best keywords though.

Note the sale of tunes.com.au/.net.au in recent days for some other data, (about 1%) also bluemountains.com.au/.net.au (about 2%)

Max

Top Contributor
I thought jobs.com.au was report as selling for much more than that, 600k or something like that?.

Personally I thought $5000 was roughly right for the .net.au. (personally I think the extension is junky). One of the very best keywords though.

Note the sale of tunes.com.au/.net.au in recent days for some other data, (about 1%) also bluemountains.com.au/.net.au (about 2%)

I dont know how much Jobs.com.au was sold for back then the $200K quote above is by NetFleet .. i cant even remember how much Cars.com.au made at auction ..

Last edited:

Shaun

Top Contributor
The other example of one of the best keyword .net.au's that was up recently was HomeLoans.net.au and that went for $2k (ish).

What would the .com.au be worth?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Remember Netfleet number mainly end-user buyers whereas Drop & Snapper generally tend to get the domainers.

I think rather than just show the value of net.au's this illustrates the difference between a wholesale and retail market.

Wholesale:

Jobs.net.au gets $5K on Drop
HomeLoans.net.au gets $2K on Drop

Retail:

WebDesign.net.au gets $10K on Netfleet
Loan.net.au gets $8,250 on Netfleet
Holiday.net.au $5K on Netfleet
Mortgage.net.au $13,500 on Netfleet

Max, Cars.com.au made $150K approx but that was many years ago in the original auDA generic auction. You'd need to be well into 7-figs to buy that now (believe me, I've tried!)

Max

Top Contributor
Remember Netfleet number mainly end-user buyers whereas Drop & Snapper generally tend to get the domainers.

I think rather than just show the value of net.au's this illustrates the difference between a wholesale and retail market.

Wholesale:

Jobs.net.au gets $5K on Drop
HomeLoans.net.au gets $2K on Drop

Retail:

WebDesign.net.au gets $10K on Netfleet
Loan.net.au gets $8,250 on Netfleet
Holiday.net.au $5K on Netfleet
Mortgage.net.au $13,500 on Netfleet

Max, Cars.com.au made $150K approx but that was many years ago in the original auDA generic auction. You'd need to be well into 7-figs to buy that now (believe me, I've tried!)

Thanks David,

I lost track of that auction i guessed that it was over $100K .. their site says:

*The site was first launched in March 2003 and relaunched in October 2007*

http://www.cars.com.au/about-us.html

So you tried to buy it huh .. good-on-ya :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo