What's new

I've stepped into a new world

snoopy

Top Contributor
No one is being forced to use his affiliate link Snoopy.

If the guy is sharing some love, why not get rewarded.

What I'm saying is don't shoot the guy down just because he wan'ts to share something.

I found it interesting, but not for me.

I think this is the typical sales pitch, "How I made $4850 in a month"....followed by multiple posts of please sign up under me, here is my affiliate link. This person may well yet make $4850 in a month, but it will probably be from people signing up under him on forums.

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm not sure of the DNT rules, but personally i would prefer that there was a statement that said " i get commission from you clicking this link"

i think it helps the forum stay clean ..... and i am NOT talking about you guidex but if the forum starts to get members SOLELY for the purpose of doing affilaite links then thats IMO good for DNT.

i'm pretty sure i haven't done it or i did state the commission link or i placed it in the HTML tag, not playing goody 2 shoes but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

geodomains: yes, good info thread, we just need to upfront i feel.

just my opinion thats all

tim

nt81

Top Contributor
People realise that you can always sign up, minus the affiliate link ID, right?

Nothing was forced on anyone here, it was a share - which is why I and many others are here, to share.

Lighten up and get off your high horses.

James

Top Contributor
You could just use a service like - http://odigger.com/ (no affiliate here people lol) just search for offers which match your sites then check up on the company running the deals some are dodgy so do your research.

Sure you can make good money from Affiliate if you have the time and know the right niches to run traffic.

Most big affiliates will push paid traffic mostly. SEO can also work very well if you have the right niches. I work with a Diet Client who makes XX,XXX+ a month on affiliate offers, also a friend who is a member here Jock the website broker some some big affiliate sites.

The problem with local affiliates like DGM is they suck (sorry to say) I message them asking about one traffic source what offers to recommend, you have someone reply who has no idea. Then they follow up with a silly email which is auto generated. US affiliate companies are so much more switched on you ask questions and you get great assistance.

Guidex

Top Contributor
Just to clear up things:

MY ORIGINAL POST HAS AN AFFILIATE LINK - AS MOST OF YOU CHECK THIS ANYWAY, (as you have mentioned it). If you sign up through it. I earn 5% of your earnings.

I have not had a single Affiliate, nor tried to receive any. Just felt like sharing my story with you guys, and felt I should place my affiliation link there, because, why not?

I have earned a lot through Paypal content unlocks and nothing through Affiliation. Here is a single page on my Paypal account.

Fist picture is my CPALead Dashboard showing survey payments

Second picture is my Paypal direct payments

Guidex

Top Contributor
You could just use a service like - http://odigger.com/ (no affiliate here people lol) just search for offers which match your sites then check up on the company running the deals some are dodgy so do your research.

Sure you can make good money from Affiliate if you have the time and know the right niches to run traffic.

Most big affiliates will push paid traffic mostly. SEO can also work very well if you have the right niches. I work with a Diet Client who makes XX,XXX+ a month on affiliate offers, also a friend who is a member here Jock the website broker some some big affiliate sites.

The problem with local affiliates like DGM is they suck (sorry to say) I message them asking about one traffic source what offers to recommend, you have someone reply who has no idea. Then they follow up with a silly email which is auto generated. US affiliate companies are so much more switched on you ask questions and you get great assistance.

I have started paid advertising, getting $0.06 clicks from certain countries with an average of 8% conversion. Just need to refine my target age and interests to increase profits.

plano

I am happy to learn about things like this if they are legitimate and I don't mind if there is an affiliate link. Maybe it is better to deal with the "slippery slope" of lots of people posting affiliate links if and when that happens.

Guidex

Top Contributor
It's an interesting way to make money. I see people daily with big set ups posting earnings of $2,000 to $11,000 a day from this. They have 10-15 ranked websites for small unsaturated niches

Here are my earnings for today - US Dollars

geodomains

Top Contributor
It's an interesting way to make money. I see people daily with big set ups posting earnings of $2,000 to $11,000 a day from this. They have 10-15 ranked websites for small unsaturated niches

Here are my earnings for today - US Dollars

Well I like stuff like this as most people don't share how they earn their money.

Seems like others like it as well, so I don't see the harm in having an affiliate link up as long as you make sure people know.

Don

helloworld

Top Contributor
I'm pretty impressed. Don't care about an affiliate link. Let's move past that and get some more info so those of us who want to learn can.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
While I wouldn't normally chime in, since I've been doing this for more than a decade, I thought I'd spend 1 min to post this, as it might help others.

1. When newcomers ( to forums and the industry) do the "Internet marketing pitch" I get suspicious, as I've seen it all before. So... I have to agree with Snoopy here.

2. Many people post revenue screen captures, but what they DONT POST, is:

a) how much they paid to get that traffic
b) how much time they spent
c) their resource costs (hosting, software, graphics etc).

Before you decide to invest your $$$ and time, check out the video I did a few years ago on Domain Investment Myths - http://www.domainerincome.com/news/top-7-domain-investment-myths/

I hope it saves you time and your bank balance.

Good luck!

Guidex

Top Contributor

I'm not stupid to invest my money into something I've never tried before. I know how to get traffic the easy way buddy.

In addition to that, I'm awful at SEO, most of you would kill it as you have skills I don't

I spent about an hour or two each day for about two weeks. I'm sure it was worth it.

Very very simple HTMl5 Website. Bit of photoshop.

$6 hostgator? Free software from CPA Forums? Graphics? Photoshop.

MATEEEEE You make it sound impossible, expensive and time consuming. It is easy as piss.

Guidex

Top Contributor
While I wouldn't normally chime in, since I've been doing this for more than a decade, I thought I'd spend 1 min to post this, as it might help others.

1. When newcomers ( to forums and the industry) do the "Internet marketing pitch" I get suspicious, as I've seen it all before. So... I have to agree with Snoopy here.

2. Many people post revenue screen captures, but what they DONT POST, is:

Before you decide to invest your $$$ and time, check out the video I did a few years ago on Domain Investment Myths - http://www.domainerincome.com/news/top-7-domain-investment-myths/

I hope it saves you time and your bank balance.

Good luck!

I'd rather not invest my time watching an hour long video on Domain Investment Myths when I'm discussing CPA/PPD

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo