What's new

is it worthwhile?

Guyp

i am looking at buying a one word domain.

it is spelt with a z and not an s.

for example: pools/poolz

is it worthwhile?

Shane

Top Contributor
Personally I hate when businesses spell their names with a Z in place of an S. Such an unprofessional image...

When it comes to domains I would avoid them, because whenever you (or the end user) tells someone your website address, you'll always have to say "oh it's spelt with a Z on the end", which is lame.

I note that Fairfax have done well with Stayz.com.au, but they also have Stays.com.au which redirects, so they're still catching anyone who types in the proper spelling rather than their stupid misspelling. I reckon most Z domains would lose a heap of type-in traffic to their properly spelt competitor's websites.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Are you talking about dealz.com.au which is serverHold (Expired)?

Could be some value because that market is hot right now, but I can't see much

WG2010

Archived Member
I think it depends on the niche. The cooler the niche, the more acceptable it is to use Z IMO. It wouldn't be my first choice but if downloadmovies.com was taken, downloadmoviez.com would fit the bill for that type of site.

Zip Hosting (Hostess) did something similar with their re-branding. They had leet speak all over the page and it looked god damn awful. They had WTF's and other stuff on the page. Stupid, stupid decision whoever did that. Thankfully, they pulled it quickly.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Would be guided by search popularity & google results. If a lot of people are the using the misspelled term it could be ok. Eg is there a lot of Australian companies calling themselves "poolz"? Generally would be avoiding though.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member