What's new

investmentproperty.com.au

DomainNames

Top Contributor
might go for $10k lets see . Dont forget its not just cash strapped domainers bidding these days its large companies getting in on the generic domain name opportunity lately in the .com.au space.

An example is Mazda went on a buying spree in the last few weeks with some private sale buying. To major companies the costs of buying generic premium domain names are still dirt cheap compared to their other advertising, sales and marketing tactics

Snooks

Top Contributor
Can i ask a "newbee" question?

Given its such a valuable domain and even i can see that, why the hell did the original owner let it expire? What possible reason could he have for doing that?:( He obviously knew its value or he wouldnt have registered it to start with.

Honan

Top Contributor
Can i ask a "newbee" question?

Given its such a valuable domain and even i can see that, why the hell did the original owner let it expire? What possible reason could he have for doing that?:( He obviously knew its value or he wouldnt have registered it to start with.

There is a lesson here for newbies
Never use the email address of a domain name as a contact for that same domain name.

Contact Anthony at http://www.proactivservices.com/clients_proactiv.html
if you really want to know why this one dropped
All I did was look at the whois , google the registrant contact, and it came up with that
Melb IT could have done the same
I guess , unlike me, they are too busy

Search

To major companies the costs of buying generic premium domain names are still dirt cheap compared to their other advertising, sales and marketing tactics

Sort of, some of the major companies still don't see the value in great domains, while some of the major online companies already have so many domains in their portfolio that they don't see the need to keep looking for more.

James

Top Contributor
I think around 5k,

sure you can make money off this domain but it is not something which really stands out as been hot to me.

It is also something many people do not seem to be targeting heavily.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Sure has some tasty search metrics:

investment property 550,000 110,000 AU$6.20
"investment property" 165,000 49,500 AU$6.56
[investment property] 12,100 3,600 AU$7.42

And even a few backlinks to kick off development. However it can't quite claim outright category killer status as it would have to share that with propertyinvestment.com.au

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Heard an ad the radio yesterday about property investing and can't remember the name of the business - this domain would've been perfect for them...

James

Top Contributor
More I think about this domain I think I can see around $10,000-$15,000 range potentially, if the right people are bidding and after looking at some other sites in the niche.

joe

Top Contributor
holy crap, just refreshed and it jumped from $2222 to $23.5k!

in other news, i noticed investment-property.net.au was available and figured it was at least worth reg fee, despite it being a hyphenated .net.au

there is huge potential with that name, many different revenue streams, so I can see the attraction. I suspect realestate.com.au or realestateview.com.au or even carsales may be going for this one, soon we will learn!

joe

Top Contributor
there is huge potential with that name, many different revenue streams, so I can see the attraction.

For sure, it's not unheard of for people to spend upwards of $5k for seminars/education in this type of market so with the right business model whoever gets it could easily make their money back.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member